Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2002 4:53:26 PM EDT
The 338 lapua mag.I know that it is pretty big bullet with a boat load of recoil but I think I can make due with it.im looking for a round that can have a hefty amount of foot pounds and exceptional accuracy.To tell you the truth I absolutely know nothing about this round but from the little I have heard , it seems that it might meet my specs. right now im in the process of learning how to make my own high powered, precision rifle.I still have a lot to learn but the good thing is that i have  a lot of time to do it in.
       your help is greatly appreciated.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 9:59:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn good caliber. The military has a couple of rifles for testing as sniper rifles. IIRC it has better specs than the .300mag & about the same recoil.

If you can afford it, go for it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 10:07:54 PM EDT
[#2]
If you think that one is hard hitting and accurate, take a look at the .408 Cheyenne Tactical.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 10:28:08 PM EDT
[#3]
 Expensive, but it's probably the best, if not, one of the best "sniper" calibers around.  Effective range roughly 1600 meters.  

Check these out...

www.snipercentral.com/338.htm

www.lapua.com/law/law.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top