Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2010 7:12:28 PM EDT
i needs one....

my 50 weighs in at 52 pounds unloaded so it'll need a heavy duty one i would assume....

TIA !
Link Posted: 8/5/2010 8:03:00 PM EDT
[#1]
First you get a couple of golf balls....

- Clint
Link Posted: 8/6/2010 3:43:53 AM EDT
[#2]
There's a new bipod that is incredibly robust, called the Sniper's Choice by Long Range Accuracy.  Everything else that I have seen pales in comparison.  You can find out more information here: http://www.lraccuracy.com/

-Michael
Link Posted: 8/6/2010 4:20:48 AM EDT
[#3]
wow, that one sure looks stout for sure.  thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 8/6/2010 6:40:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
First you get a couple of golf balls....

- Clint

`A la' bas, cher...   you made me laugh, yeah !!

Link Posted: 8/6/2010 1:29:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Long Range Accuracy Bipod.  Well worth the money!!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2010 7:45:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a Long Range Accuracy Bipod.  Well worth the money!!!

I was not able to find the price, or very much information on the bipod...  It looks like it's pretty stout - would you care to let us in on the price?

Link Posted: 8/6/2010 8:07:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Bren or 1919 tripod
Link Posted: 8/6/2010 8:23:20 PM EDT
[#8]
The Long Range Accuracy Bipod is $450.00.  Yes, very expensive, but it works like a charm on a .50 BMG.  I have a thread down aways about my Tactilite T1, take a look, I have the Bipod on the Rifle.
Link Posted: 8/7/2010 5:56:48 AM EDT
[#9]
For a very nice bipod that'll support a 52 pound .50, $450 sounds like a good deal.
Link Posted: 8/8/2010 6:57:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I wanted skis so i ordered the bi-pod that comes with a bohica, I was less than impressed, already rusting and wobbly, so I set about fixing it, I got a AD bipod quick release, and mated it, put in a set screw to keep it from spinning, and sanded then spray painted the thing with rustolium metal paint.

Now I have no wobble, no rust, quick release, and skis. and about $170 invested. However my rifle doesn't weigh that much......

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:44:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Mark Serbu, make a decent one for his BFG-50's they sell for around $150, and are pretty basic, and not adjustable, but may be what you are looking for!
Also the M-60's bipods have been available, and  modified for 50 BMG use...may be worth a search......

Fred

http://www.serbu.com/top/bfg50.php
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The Long Range Accuracy Bipod is $450.00.  Yes, very expensive, but it works like a charm on a .50 BMG.  I have a thread down aways about my Tactilite T1, take a look, I have the Bipod on the Rifle.

Thanks - I'd seen (and posted) in your thread, but somehow completely overlooked your bipod.  My Tactilite shipped yesterday and UPS Tracking says it should arrive in a week!  While $450 is a bit steep, I've long since learned the "buy once, cry once" theory, so I'll certainly be mulling it over.  One of my friends has a Vltor / TangoDown bipod and I'll probably try his before I make a final decision.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:32:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Since my last post here, I have spoken to Dave at Long Range Accuracy.  He has since redesigned his bipod and has improved on it and made it much lighter, but still heavy duty. I have not seen the new model in person, but he tells me there will be one at my doorstep at no cost, and that goes for all of the initial customers that bought is previous model. Now that some Great follow up customer service!!!  I do not know what the new price is going to be, but I am sure he could tell you if you called him. He is a very, very Good Guy!!  Have a good one!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:18:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks again for the info.  I’ve written to Dave via his website link and will be looking at getting a bipod soon.  Right now I’m considering the Vltor “legs” and also the Vltor/TangoDown unit that has the ability to swivel.  I really like how compact the Vltor’s legs are when mounted, but am put-off by the lack of any “swivel”.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top