Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2009 8:09:47 AM EDT
Ok I edited this because I found out what is obvious to most that Sw, bw , vector
and cohaire are one in the same. How much roughly is a Vector V53 worth? What is
fair and what are they going for?
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 6:49:53 PM EDT
[#1]
no opinions??
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
no opinions??

anyone?
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 2:24:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I paid $1,150.00 for my V-53.

Link Posted: 3/22/2009 7:56:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been looking for one on gunbroker.com  

I think $1500 is a good price but the guys selling on gun broker think they are worth $2,500  They think a clone is worth more than a HK-93
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:26:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I paid $1,560. shipped
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 6:23:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think $1500 is a good price but the guys selling on gun broker think they are worth $2,500  They think a clone is worth more than a HK-93

If you can find a HK-93 for under 2500, let me know where and I'll pay cash immediately.

V-93's sell for $1900-2000.
V-53's sell for $1500'ish
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 12:01:37 PM EDT
[#7]
last time i talked to atlantic firearms they had a few in stock going for 1500.  but that has been over a month ago.  
i keep hearing rumors that vector is not shutting down after all
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 9:23:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you can find a HK-93 for under 2500, let me know where and I'll pay cash immediately.

V-93's sell for $1900-2000.
V-53's sell for $1500'ish

We had a HK93 that sold on gunbroker for $2275. You just aren't looking.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:17:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a question? How many of you have owned a Vector or a Bobcat Weapons clone?

The one's I hear telling people that SW, Vector, CA and Bobcat are the same are the people who own a CA or a SW weapon.

They are not the same weapons. The are not made to the same quatliy and do not use the same internals/externals. Why do you think Coharie had all of those Vector parts kits to sell? Vector bought the initial round of kits and then had to do so much fiting and purchasing of new parts to make them to their standards they told Coharie to keep the rest and they weren't going to buy anymore of Coharie's junk.  This is straight from Rex and Chuck. Rex ran vector for his brother Ralph and Chuck was the main gunsmith.

I happen to be one of the one's that is selling my V94P on GB. It's chambered in .357SIG. I don't recall coharie ever making a .357 SIG. These pistols were builtup with like new parts kits. I also own a V53P that is the best rifle I've ever owned. even over my Hk93 and HK91.  Before I bought the Vector V94P, I tried to go the cheaper route started believing in the CA hype. I was reading the forums and lurked around HK-54.com. Heck I was sold.....it sounded like these really were all the same guns. I odered the 10mm pistol from Coharie. Well the pistol came in and I took it out of the cheap metal case, that was partially destroyed w/ one latch broken off, but the outer shipping box had no holes in it. I opened the case and picked up the pistol, it had an ambi safety the switch fell off the right side. The lower felt light and cheap! the bolt hold open device was crooked and the mag had one feed lip broken off. The front forearm was loose and had a funky swirl in the plastic. I did switch the forearm out with an HK one and it fit firm. The cocking tube and sight were crooked and the bolt hold open device didn't even work. The finish was a glossy....looked like spray paint!!  SO NO SIR!! I sent it back the next day.

I guarantee the guy's out there that own a bobcat or a Vector don't appreciate the SW and Coharie guy's always stating that they're all the same. I feel sorry for the owner of Bobcat Weapons,now Red Rock Firearms, he's been trying to get the stink of TB off of him for years now.
CA makes a decent weapon for the money! But don't think that your CA and SW guns are on par with the Vectors or the Bobcat's!

Regards,

~R.
P.S These are the HK type weapons I own, so I may know what I'm talking about and guess which manufacturer missing? You got it.
1. HK93
2. SP89
3. Hk91
4. V53P
5. BW89PDW
6. V94P/.357SIG

The Bobcat weapons have never had the plastic trigger boxed or cocking tubes. I own a BW89PDW and I can tell you that it is the closest thing I've ever seen to an actual SP89. They look identical side by side. the magwell is straight and tight the mag doesn't flop around in there.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:38:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Vector V93

I love it.

I've got about $625 in it. Traded one of my CMP Garands [$525] and 400 rds of Korean PS75 [$100] for it last August  Came with fixed and telescoping stocks and the bipod.  Color me happy
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:04:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice stick!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nice stick!

Thanks for clearing that up. I never claimed to know and originally this post asked about the comparison of Vector and Bobcat to the others.
I received so many messages telling me they are all the same that I edited this post to just ask the value. I orginally thought they were different
but was convinced otherwise. I feel better with your response, seeing you probably are more qualified than most. Luckily for me I have a Bobcat bw5 that I absolutely love, I
just purchased a v89 and v53 two days ago.

edit: And btw I am hoping to win your gb auction.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm glad I cleared that up. I'm sorry about being long winded, but I tend to go off on a tangent!

Good luck on the auction!!!! It's a sweet pistol.

~R.

I'ts also listed on HKPro.com under the HK weapons for sale section.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top