Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2002 9:52:40 AM EDT
I was just wondering if anyone has bought one of the civillian versions of the m60 from us ordanace. Are the quality made and do they function good Thanks jc
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 4:24:33 PM EDT
[#1]
The curiosity bug bit me when I visited their website.
Anybody know anything?
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 4:29:25 PM EDT
[#2]
what's the web address?
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
what's the web address?

www.usord.com
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 5:10:47 PM EDT
[#4]
The M1919s look like they would turn a few heads at the range also.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 7:43:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The M1919s look like they would turn a few heads at the range also.

Thats the only way to go 1919A4!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 9:42:47 PM EDT
[#6]
6k for a semi is a little to much money for me if i had 6k i would buy either a RR m16 or a DIAS,post ban lower and couple uppers and some ammo
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 9:12:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Or you could just shell out $20K for a real Maremount.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 11:05:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Who/what is "Maremount?"Is that a mfg.co.?
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 11:09:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maremont is more well-known for their main product, which is......automobile mufflers.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 4:54:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maremont (sp) made the military M60's. Transferrables are going for $15K for a re-welded beater to $30K+ for a NIB E3.

Rock Island Arms (RIA) made the commercial M60's. They go from about $12K for a re-welded beater to about $17K for a NIB.

I guess there were a few made by other companies.

The Maremont's bring the big bucks because they are the "real McCoy". Some say they function the same. Some say the Maremont is better.

Link Posted: 5/12/2002 10:19:25 AM EDT
[#11]
I heard most belt-feds are re-welds.  Can these guns be expected to last?  Belt feds take a real beating, especially something like an M60 that doesn't have a very long service life to begin with (I heard 75,000 rounds).  So, what happens, do these thing crack at the re-weld, and then get re-welded again?
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 11:00:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I heard most belt-feds are re-welds.  Can these guns be expected to last?  Belt feds take a real beating, especially something like an M60 that doesn't have a very long service life to begin with (I heard 75,000 rounds).  So, what happens, do these thing crack at the re-weld, and then get re-welded again?

Depends on what kind of beltfed you're talking about.  There are some reweld M60's but usually its the trunion thats been welded so there's little risk of cracking.  I've seen M60 rewelds where it was done so carefully, you couldn't even tell it had ben rewelded if you didn't bring a magnifying glass and know exactly where to look.  On the pig, the sheet metal receiver is the part takes a beating and gets stretched out.  1919's are mostly sideplate guns and domestically made, so there are few, if any, rewelds. Transferable MG34's and 42's are a different matter.  Many of the transferable 34's are rewelds, which is, in part, why they can be so finnicky.  

The lifespan of a beltfed also depends on the type of gun.  A 1919 or M240 can be expected to run hundreds of thousands of rounds, maybe millions.  A M60 or HK21 has a much shorter lifespan, but can be repaired to keep them running.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 11:12:21 AM EDT
[#13]
6 large!

i think i will stick with my ar-10
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 1:23:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I've heard nothing but good things about US Ord and their 1919's. I think most of the stuff is old izzy parts made into semi-auto. I'd love to have a 1919 in the A6 configuration.  

There is another company making semi beltfeds. If you are going to shell out some bucks I'd look into a .50 cal Browning M2.  I think TNW gunworks makes/sells these. Not sure of web address, something like www.tnw.com or www.tnwguns.com....ummm linked .50 caliber. Now that would turn heads at the local state game land range! Happy blasting.

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top