Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2004 4:29:14 PM EDT
I don't plan on doing it, this is just for educational purposes.
I have a pump action tube magazine .22 that can fire all 3 although I've only ever used .22lr
Will a mk2 or 10/22 also safely fire the short and long cartridges? Will their magazines not allow it?
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 5:41:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't believe that either gun is designed to function with .22 short ammunition.  I do know that there is a kit offered for the 10/22 that will allow it to function with the .22 short.  I believe it replaces the bolt and magazine.
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 5:23:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I have heard of the .22 short conversion. My question would be "Why?"...  .22LR is cheaper...
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 9:08:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, I can reliably shoot shorts out of my MK2.  The problem is the magazine.  It will only hold two rounds before they tourque the follower off kilter and fall over inside the mag.  But for a three-shot repeater it works ok.  
Accurate, too
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 10:36:14 AM EDT
[#4]
The 10/22 shoots 22 shorts very nicely but has to be loaded one at a time and it will not cycle the bolt.  If your goal is to be  accurate and very quiet you will be very satisfied.

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:38:33 PM EDT
[#5]
This is the conversion kit made by VQ.
www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=13857&title=RUGER+10%2f22+.22+SHORT+CONVERSION+KIT

Pretty steep, but if you have a need, there ya go!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:02:33 PM EDT
[#6]
wonder if that works with the aguila ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top