Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2005 8:54:54 PM EDT
Hey Y'all, I have a DSA Stg-58 rifle that I got during the ban, and it came with a muzzle brake that is essentially a "politically correct" version of the original flash hider.  I am interested in having this swapped out for an original prong style flash hider with the internal threads that can accept a blank adaptor.

To that end, I think that I heard several years back that DSA used a special type of solder to attach the muzzle brake that makes it very difficult to remove.  Is this true, or have I been misinformed?  Also, would the change back to the original flash hider seriously hinder accuracy?

I don't plan on doing the swap myself, but will have a gunsmith I know do it for me.

Thanks for your help guys.

- ProjectMayhem

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:41:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Most likely silver solder.  Shouldn't be a problem for a competent gun smith. Do be sure of your parts count however.  I had mine done and I see no effect on accuracy.  I did however notice a reduction in noise.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:34:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, silver solder.  Just have him heat it to ~1100 deg and it should come right off.
Remember that the FH is reverse threaded!
Good luck.

RB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top