Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2003 3:08:55 PM EDT
Sometimes at gun shows I have seen individuals walking around with signs on guns that are for sale. I am thinking of taking a rifle out to a gunshow with the intention of selling to another individual. Is it still legal to do that? Am I required by law to do anything? Any advice would be appreciated.
             Thanks
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 4:35:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Check the laws in your locality.  It can vary greatly, even within the same state.  Here in FL it can vary by county - some would allow what you want to do, others would not.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 4:41:58 PM EDT
[#2]
In Ky it is perfectly legal. What are you selling? No paperwork at all.

Bob

Link Posted: 9/10/2003 4:43:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 4:50:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I am thinking of taking my Daewoo DR200 to Knob Creek when they have the machine gun shoot. I haven't decided whether I want to part with it yet.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 1:49:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Typically there is a big gun show in Louisville on the same weekend as Knob Creek shoot. I think you would be better selling the Dawoo there as that rifle might be a bit to civilized for the Knob Creek croud.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 4:35:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I've done it several times down here in Al, I fix up a flag attached to the barrel about 12"x12" with what it is and asking price, trade option, and always a make offer option. Do it in large printed letters easily seen from a distance. I've always sold or traded every time.

rk
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top