Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2002 3:22:27 PM EDT
I was at a pawn shop today and I asked the owner if he had any preban AR's. He said he had a preban Colt in the back and asked If Id like to see it.

It was a preban Colt, it said Colt AR-15 SP1, it had triangular handguards and no forward assist.

but the strange thing was that it was silver in color, the upper, lower, barrel and FS were all silver, it wasnt nickel, silver or chrome plated, it was just kind of a flat silver color.

They guy said that it was very rare, and came from the factory that way, he kept saying that it was nickel-less, or somthing like that.
Anyway, he wanted $1500 for it.

Did any come from the factory that way, if so is this a good deal?
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 3:24:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats not so strange, quite afew of the Colts came out that way
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 3:29:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Plated with electroless nickel.  Marketed as "Coltguard" finish.

From the early 1980's.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 8:21:14 PM EDT
[#3]
MAHABALI

Could you email me the name and # of that pawn shop? My stepfather had one like that in the early 80's. I would be interested in seeing if it is the same type.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 8:25:31 PM EDT
[#4]
There's an A-team episode or two that aired showing the A-team using those Colts.    Seems they traded their auto Mini14s for shiney Colts for an episode or two, things are kinda akward looking.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 8:32:56 PM EDT
[#5]
anyone know what these are worth?
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 9:00:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Found it!

Link Posted: 7/16/2002 9:06:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Thats it! it is absolutly identical to that!
same grip and everything.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 9:49:31 PM EDT
[#8]
That's the one I had in mind as well. I have no idea what they're worth though. Since it's preban, I would start at $1000. Then, add or subtract depending on finish and overall condition. I would be interested in buying if someone has one for sale.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 10:24:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
MAHABALI

Could you email me the name and # of that pawn shop? My stepfather had one like that in the early 80's. I would be interested in seeing if it is the same type.

Check your IM.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 4:55:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
anyone know what these are worth?

You don't mention the rifles condition but I would put it around $1000 - $1200 if say 92% or better.  For the average AR buyer I don't believe the finish is a positive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top