Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 3:22:57 PM EDT
I have a remington 660 given to me by my grandfather.  It did not come with a rear sight, but the screw holes are there.  If anybody here could post a pic of the rear sight(close up) that would be great.  I am trying to see if an old  leupold detacho scope mount will fit on top of the rear sight.  my rifle dose not have the vent rib.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Call Remington and they will send you a parts list. If they don't have the rear sight, try gun parts.com
not a 100% sure but I think it should take the same base as a 700 short action. Is it a .308? Damn nice rifle's, you got a good one.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:53:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe they take the same mount as an XP100 and 600. I'm too lazy right now to double check but I think it's different than a 700 SA.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:06:06 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah the 700 and model 7 are the same(I think) mount, but the 600 is differnt.
ETA:  yes its a .308 and it kicks like an ole mule.  the trigger is light and crisp.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:35:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I just checked my chart and the 700 is different. The 7, 600, 660 and XP100 are all the same (in Weaver at least, #70).
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:35:50 PM EDT
[#5]
did you find a sight for your 660 ---if not I happen to have a couple lying around here in my shop.I've owned 2 660's for 30 + years--they are great rifles
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:56:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I, too, have a 660, but mine's chambered in .222.

Mine was given to me as well, and the sights are missing but the bases are still there. The worst thing is that the wooden stock is broken above the grip, right where the action ends. I'd like to find out where I can get a new stock, as it's a very nice rifle. I haven't been able to find any aftermarket stocks, and I'm not aware of any interchangeability between models.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:59:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
did you find a sight for your 660 ---if not I happen to have a couple lying around here in my shop.I've owned 2 660's for 30 + years--they are great rifles

Its not so much that I need a rear sight, its that I want a forward scope mount on it.  I bought an old mount  and am not sure if it fits on the vent rib, or the base of the rear sight.  it would be great if you could post me some close up pics of a rear sight, especially the screw hole locations. thanks
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:02:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I, too, have a 660, but mine's chambered in .222.

Mine was given to me as well, and the sights are missing but the bases are still there. The worst thing is that the wooden stock is broken above the grip, right where the action ends. I'd like to find out where I can get a new stock, as it's a very nice rifle. I haven't been able to find any aftermarket stocks, and I'm not aware of any interchangeability between models.

I think midway has stocks for 600, but they are synthetic  I have seen factory 660 stocks on the internet for sale. try ebay and the like.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks... I wouldn't care if it was synthetic at this point. I'd just like to be able to fire this rifle!

I'll check the sources mentioned. Thanks again!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top