Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2002 3:04:53 PM EDT
special to warrant a $55 price tag? I really don't have a problem paying a premium for quality equipment if the product actually delivers.  the old adage "you get what you pay for" does not always ring true.  what do you think?? thanks in advance...
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 3:21:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got 2 of them and think they are very well made.  They're padded very heavily and are very stiff overall-- somewhere between a softcase and a hardcase.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 3:36:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I have (2) 37" Galati King Cases and I'm happy with them.  They are currently a close out item and sell for $37.95 .  IMO they are a much better value than the $55.95 case.  They both share the same design, materials and construction.  The only difference being that the King Case has a little less padding, 2" vice 2.5".
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 4:11:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Tighter weave of Nylon (genuine cordura?) and high quality closed cell foam padding.

The King cases are a good value, if the Galati is to $$$.

Not all soft cases are made alike. A Galati, or even King case is vastly superior to crap like the Ace cases.

FWIW closed cell foam wont absorb water if it gets rained on, and generally floats. Open cell foam (which is cheaper) is basically a sponge. You get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 5:18:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Just curious to see how you guys compare these cases to Blackhawk or Eagle cases?

I have no exerience with Galati.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 5:43:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't checked out any Blackhawk or Eagle cases (though I have other Eagle products that are first rate), but the Galati cases are the best of those that I have experience with. As mentioned, the biggest difference between Galati and King is the thickness of the foam.
Ace cases are for Hesse rifles.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 5:44:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I  bought a Galati pistol case for my self, and a Galati rifle case for my son.  Both very well made.  But I have 8 or 10 of their MP30 mag pouches, and these are VERY nice.  Just exactly what you need in a mag pouch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top