Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 3/26/2002 12:11:33 PM EST

my receiver is cut so i can't put a pistol grip on it which is fine by me, but if i put the right amount of US parts in it could i remove the lug that's fastened over the barrel threads?
don't know what i'd do with a threaded barrel but i just got to thinking..also do they make silencers for an AK or would it be too loud still?
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 12:27:54 PM EST
First, that thing on the end of the barrel is a muzzle nut. Most of the time it is pressed on over the end of the barrel because the threads were removed to keep anybody from getting any ideas. If you replaced some parts with US one's (six of 'em)you can remove the pistol grip as you said but there's a double standard the ATF has set re: thumbholes and pistol grips. They same they are the same thing as far as importable rifles go so if you believe this you can't do what you propose. Yes, they are talking out of their butts! So it comes down to the 94 AW law and changing six parts will not let you thread the barrel.

I recommend you switch the six parts and just install the pistol grip after find the little plate thingy that covers up the cut on the end of the reciever so that it looks right. This has the most pratical purpose anyway.

Link Posted: 3/26/2002 12:52:31 PM EST
i'm pretty sure it's threaded under there. i was told that by the dealer also. i bought it in 97' i think.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 3:41:46 PM EST
Top Top