Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2002 3:59:04 PM EDT
What shotguns are available with the feature in which you fire a round, hold the trigger down and pull the pump back forward with the trigger depressed and it will fire an additional shot? Is this standard on all pump shotguns?
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 5:25:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Hop, I do not know if any new guns shoot like that but the older Winchester model 12's would fire like that. I guy I knew as a kid had one his father called it slam fire. You could hold the triger back and just pump. I saw them shoot it but never fired it my self. I never found a shotgun that fired that way. MIKE.
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure with a dremel anything is possible. I don't know of many that come stock that way though. Alot of the older shotguns did. My father's Wincheter '97 did. I don't see why it would be illegal.
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#3]
i was just thinking of an old sheridan paintball gun that I own with this feature and was wondering if shotguns had it too.  I figured it would help with some quick follow up shots.  How long have the model 12s been out of production?  Might have to purchase one eventually.  Also what would one cost now?
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 5:33:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmm....my $.02 question....is that considered to be more than one shot per pull of trigger?

FOTBR
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 5:45:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hmm....my $.02 question....is that considered to be more than one shot per pull of trigger?

FOTBR

I wouldn't think so.  You are operating the action of the shotgun, not like its operating all by itself.
Found a few on auctionarms and looks like a decent one can be had for around $
$600 or so.  Do these fall under purchase on a C&R license?
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Older Ithica Model 37's would slam fire if the trigger isn't released while racking the pump.
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 5:51:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Ithica Model 37 does that.

I think they call it (the function) "auto disconnector".

RE: FOTBR - "Hmm....my $.02 question....is that considered to be more than one shot per pull of trigger?" - Without manual reloading. . .
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#8]
OK.....I really should have looked that up before I ask, but now I know

FOTBR
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 6:04:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Its Damn depressing, but it seems that in order to be a law abiding gun owner you almost have to become a para-legal.

I mean I spend more time lobbying for gun rights, or to try and head off some new stupid restriction than I do reloading. This shouldn't be, but is.

BTW - Even some of the last M37's before the restructuring had auto disconnectors if they were marketed as a law enforcement model.
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 6:58:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I have two M37's that have the *slamfire* feature.  Just need to make sure anybody using it understands what it does, how it works, and how to be safe with it!
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 10:02:59 AM EDT
[#11]
The Norinco Mod 97 clones have that feature also. I guess because they are based on the older design. My buddy has one of the new "trench gun" models, the 97T, on order and it should be in this week. I'm going to try it out when he gets it. As stated before most newer designed shotguns won't slam fire.
Top Top