Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2003 5:00:32 PM EDT
When I was an Infantryman with the 82nd I used to see a cool mod. At one of the local Gearqueer shops they used to modify a poncho and poncho liner by sewing them togeather and installing a zipper. Does anybody know where to get this done and/or have any feedback on this. I would have bought one back then but such things where considered snivel gear and not very Airborne-ish. Even though being cought in the field whith out either item would get you a quick Article 15, go figure. Thanks

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 2:47:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't help you on where to get it done,,,,consider 'drawstrings'(bungee?) at the top and bottom(so you can stick your feet out)and have a hole(slot) put in the liner at the hood area.
I used this system(without the zips,just tied and snapped together)and would leave my feet hanging out,as I am too tall to use it like a sleeping bag.I also cut a slit in the liner for my head so I can wear the poncho w/liner while hanging around ,and re-enforce the ties on the liner.

I seen lots of poncho liner mods coming back from Korea when I was at Ft Ord.Most guys had sleeping bags made from poncho liners,forgeting about the poncho,cause they(poncho sewn to liner) were too hard to dry out,and then the poncho was no good to use as a hooch.

Link Posted: 8/13/2003 3:00:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Bullet..- I know what you mean about the Koren mods they will do anything "Joe" can think of for a few bucks over there.

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top