Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 5:43:32 PM EDT
I finally decided to duplicate an LBV rig that I saw on here, and broke down and bought the LBV and enhanced butt pack to complete that rig.

Something about that setup just seemed to be "right" for my needs, both militarily and SHTF type.

I used the LBV 88 on Active Duty and really liked it so I am going back to that.

will post pics when I get the pieces in and assembled.

DOC
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:31:27 PM EDT
[#1]
The set up you are talking about was Frens I believe.  I liked the setup also, and made kind of the same set up.  

Items used:

Blackhawk Enhanced LBV
Spec Ops SOB (Soldier Optimized Buttpack)
GI Pistol belt
2 1-quart canteens instead of mag pouches at rear
LC-2 Paratroopers Belt First Aid Kit attached to SOB
Ka-Bar

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:02:48 PM EDT
[#2]
That setup is sweet, and was close to what I used for greenside ops in the 90's.
I am going to make a carrier for my hydration pouch that attaches to the LBV so I can eliminate one set of straps.

USGI ELBV (woodlands Camo)
Recon patrol buttpack (OD) has 3 outer pockets and can hold 1 qt canteens if needed.
LC2 FAK attached to bp (OD)
2 M16 magazine pouches (possibly could use 4 mag pouches) (OD)
M12 holster (OD)
9mm mag pouch (OD)
hydration pouch on back of LBV (OD/Woodland Camo haven't decided yet)
LC2 pistol belt

The pockets of the LBV will be loaded with essential items for 3 day sustainment.

I actually plan to use this for the Guard as the issued gear that I had for Katrina sucked and hurricane season is coming up fast.  I have a large and Medium ALICE pack that I use for longer term sustainment ops.  

Katrina/Rita was a 34 day operation for my unit, others were out 66 days.

DOC

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top