Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 6/4/2002 10:51:22 AM EST
I saw a company that sells these short barrel mossbergs and they said all you have to get is a cheap Every Other stamp and I was wondering how you get a permit for a shorty shotgun? can you get one in California?
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 11:01:47 AM EST
I'm not sure about California, but as far as the federal laws, AOW is a type of weapon defined under the National Firearms act of 1934 to be a shotgun or rifle made at the factory with a barrel under 18 and 16 inches respectively. There are some other weapons such as pen guns and others that fall into this category. The class 3 registration fee for an AOW is $5 as opposed to $200 for a machine gun,sawed off shotgun, SBR, destructive device, and silencer. In most states it is fairly simple to get one, albeit with about a 4 month wait, but in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia, there's no tellin' what the laws are.
Top Top