Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2003 11:17:18 AM EDT
Can anyone recommend a good set of peep-through rings for a scope on a FAL? I'd like to use scope and irons.

Link Posted: 7/21/2003 2:37:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes... the Leupold Quick release rings.  No, you can't look through them but most people will tell you that isn't a good plan with a FAL anyway.  It puts your head too high for a good cheek weld.  Its better to get quick release rings so you can remove the optics if you need to.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 7:21:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 2:09:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm using a set of ARMS #22M rings to some good effect on my rifle mounting a 4x scope. There's only an inch between the irons (Paratrooper rear sight) and the glass. The #22M have a tunnel through them that allows use of the irons.

I like the better protected paratrooper sight rather than the stock one. I'm willing to give up 800 yard iron shots for the safety of the rear sight post.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 7:10:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Paul,
What type of scope do you have? How do you like it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top