Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2003 9:57:31 PM EDT
What do you think about this?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:06:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice Rifle.  Good price as well.  I would see if some of the accessories come with it, but you would never use any of them anyway, so it is not that big of a deal. A bayonet would be nice though. You never know when you will have to finish off a groundhog or bear or something.

This is the early milled all milled version, much tougher if you must "butt stroke" someone.
(Carefull with doing that, you can crush a skull in one shot with one of these.)

The wood is nice. It looks like the Teak wood stocks that I have.  That is good as it is tough as hell.  It's the same wood the navy used on the decks of battleships.  It also will not splinter.  It is about 2 pounds heavier than a regular laminated stock, but this heps to reduce recoil.

M-48's are getting hard to find, especially in this condition.  Most rifles now are M-48A's.

If it were me, and I was looking fo a good Mauser, I would jump on this one.  The Yugo steel is stronger than the German steel.

The only bad part is that the receiver is shorter than a German receiver, so if you want to convert it later (please don't) you must keep it within a caliber shorter than  _ X 57mm.

Hope this helps.

It
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:11:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, this helps! I am going to order right now. Thank you very much.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:27:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad to help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top