Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 12:15:39 PM EDT
I have a Springfield M1A Standard witht the black synthetic stock. I'm trying to attach a Harris bipod, but don't have the swivel stud I need.  

The stock already has a hole drilled into it for installing the swivel stud, but I'm having trouble figuring out what to buy. On Uncle Mike's website, their selection guide for the M1A suggests a kit that is for the wood stock.

Does anybody here know what I need to install this on the synthetic stock?

Thanks in advance !
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:35:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:19:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I have same prob as 223-Buckaroo, same stock etc.  Raf i tried the google search and still can't decide which bipod adapter is correct.  The list a buch of different adaptors but noe really seems suitable for this application.  Would you mind being just a tad more specific for this poor nubee to the MiA?  I think you have the answer, just not stated in a format I quite understand. Thanks.hinking.gif
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:42:21 PM EDT
[#3]
additional info here
some good links to answer all your questions.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:50:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I like to install the bipod stud 2.25 inch aft of the USGI sling loop. So will say it defeats the purpose of the sling loop as the bipod is in the way. Other don't care about the use of a sling and want a bipod....To each their own I guess.

Depending on how handy you are their are a couple method to install a QD stud. One is a Harris #5 AR15 adapter and cut it down to about an inch on the inside. Drill and inlet the stock for clearance and bed in JB weld as you tighten it all down. When JB Weld is dry ground off excess screw threads inside stockand add Red Loctite.

If you are a little handier than that you can pick up what is known as a T Nut with fine machine screw threads, a fine thread stud from better gun stores, drill hole, finish threading stud so it will fit flush, inlet the stock some, JB Weld and tighten it all down.

Either way I like to add two layers of Kevlar to reinforce the inside of the stock after adding any bipod studs or accessory rails.

Karsten
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:33:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:22:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Scroll to the bottom of the page.

A little pricey but does everything you need. I bought one, very sturdy.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top