Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 8:06:53 PM EDT
I need some help with finding the right color.  Looking to do a camo pattern and want to lay down a base of DuraCoat.

I am looking for a color that is
- greenish- graying
- lighter than KG Foliage
- darker than DuraCoat ACU Grey Green

Looking at the Lauer website, some of the colors just do not come across well.  I know what KG Foliage looks like because we use it.  I looked at the Refinishing picture thread and saw the ACU Grey-Green and it is too light.

So can anyone suggest a DuraCoat color that falls between those two, or do I just go ahead and mix some foliage with FDE to create my own color?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:23:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I say get creative...................roll your own colors
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:19:00 AM EDT
[#2]
check out the tactical grey-green here
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 11:22:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
check out the tactical grey-green here

I think adding more hardner makes the greens come out a bit more.  This first run at my project was more gray that the second.  I'm guessing if we added a little more hardner, there would be more green.  You might also go with just the gray green, and not the tactical.  The tactical colors are WAY Flat.  

DBAR
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:56:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks!  That looks like the perfect color and it confirms that either the Lauer website is messed up or I am color blind.  In the link  you posted, it looks like a perfect flat gray/green.  On the Lauer website, when I click that color name, it looks BLACK on my screen.  (www.lauerweaponry.com/duracoatcolors.cfm?colortype=tactical&Category=229 )

Ima thinking Ima gonna be getting me that color!  Again, thanks!
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 6:55:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Lauer needs to redo their color samples.  Most, if not all of them are off.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:17:10 AM EDT
[#6]
PaulT & I tried to get a "sample" thread together a few month back.

Failed miserably. No input from any members.

Good luck. Browse the threads and emai/IM some users for the color combos.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top