Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 8:06:53 PM EDT
I need some help with finding the right color. Looking to do a camo pattern and want to lay down a base of DuraCoat.

I am looking for a color that is
- greenish- graying
- lighter than KG Foliage
- darker than DuraCoat ACU Grey Green

Looking at the Lauer website, some of the colors just do not come across well. I know what KG Foliage looks like because we use it. I looked at the Refinishing picture thread and saw the ACU Grey-Green and it is too light.

So can anyone suggest a DuraCoat color that falls between those two, or do I just go ahead and mix some foliage with FDE to create my own color?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:23:25 AM EDT
I say get creative...................roll your own colors
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:19:00 AM EDT
check out the tactical grey-green here
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 11:22:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By eastky454:
check out the tactical grey-green here

I think adding more hardner makes the greens come out a bit more. This first run at my project was more gray that the second. I'm guessing if we added a little more hardner, there would be more green. You might also go with just the gray green, and not the tactical. The tactical colors are WAY Flat.

DBAR
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:56:47 PM EDT
Thanks! That looks like the perfect color and it confirms that either the Lauer website is messed up or I am color blind. In the link you posted, it looks like a perfect flat gray/green. On the Lauer website, when I click that color name, it looks BLACK on my screen. (www.lauerweaponry.com/duracoatcolors.cfm?colortype=tactical&Category=229 )

Ima thinking Ima gonna be getting me that color! Again, thanks!
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 6:55:21 AM EDT
Lauer needs to redo their color samples. Most, if not all of them are off.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:17:10 AM EDT
PaulT & I tried to get a "sample" thread together a few month back.

Failed miserably. No input from any members.

Good luck. Browse the threads and emai/IM some users for the color combos.
Top Top