Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 2/23/2007 9:40:11 PM EST
Looked over Military Moron's LOWA write up and they seem pretty awesome, but just curious as to other options. Light weight, not wearing a pack, fast moving type environment, lots of hours on my feet. At 220 and old knees, anything to make life more manageable
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 10:03:20 PM EST
I love my Converse desert sidezip boots. Very comfortable and a pretty decent price.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 10:17:12 PM EST
The new Oakley lightweight hi temp desert boots are great. Feels like sneakers! go to oakley military website.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 10:20:14 PM EST
Paladium Scout

I'm a big fan of these; I have a black pair that I've worn ever day for the last 7 months. They're lightweight & cheap, but not waterproof, and they will pickup gravel in their tread. Despite all the cons, I love them.

-REad
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 10:30:00 PM EST

Originally Posted By MartytW:
Looked over Military Moron's LOWA write up and they seem pretty awesome, but just curious as to other options. Light weight, not wearing a pack, fast moving type environment, lots of hours on my feet. At 220 and old knees, anything to make life more manageable

I bought a pair of Meindl Desert Fox boots at the PX on Artillery Kaserne in Garmisch back in '04 and have been wearing them ever since. They are VERY lightweight, very breathable. I love them.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 4:49:51 PM EST

Originally Posted By ShakenNotStirred:

Originally Posted By MartytW:

I bought a pair of Meindl Desert Fox boots at the PX on Artillery Kaserne in Garmisch back in '04 and have been wearing them ever since. They are VERY lightweight, very breathable. I love them.

www.fieldandtrek.com/images/products/12019_m.jpg

Those look like a nice pair of boots.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:40:56 AM EST
I found some of the Corcoran's at a price that is next to impossible to beat. Also, the Bates at a nice price. Any thoughts on these?
Top Top