Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2004 3:53:20 PM EDT
i know i need to log into a bound book, do need to buy one or can i make one myself with a format that ive seen.? the letter that came with the 03 speaks of a packet of docs, will they be sending that packet to me or do i need to cantact them to order it? what other fulfillments must i meet for purchasing other than loging into the book.? tia..............im pumped.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:57:15 PM EDT
[#1]
i would contact R&K Enterprises. THey've got a great C&R package that has the bound books and all the stuff. Very helpful folks.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#2]
link no good....
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:16:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link worked a while ago, but ti doesn't right now. Hmm... i wonder if the site went down. I cant; get there either.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:33:48 PM EDT
[#4]

RK Enterprises at 805 687-1416

Bound book like $24 and shipping 3-6.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:01:05 PM EDT
[#5]
you don't need to spend $24 on something that can be had for free. print out some of these and put them in a 3-ring binder.

bound book
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:43:18 PM EDT
[#6]
NY state required an interview with an ATF inspector. He told me the 3 ring binder could maybe be used, but they would much prefer you use a bound book, and he suggested it just to save myself any possible hassle should they come to inspect my collection.

The RK enterprises package is really nice too, worth it I think.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Brownells sells an adequate bound book for $3.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
NY state required an interview with an ATF inspector. He told me the 3 ring binder could maybe be used, but they would much prefer you use a bound book, and he suggested it just to save myself any possible hassle should they come to inspect my collection.

The RK enterprises package is really nice too, worth it I think.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#8]
not to be argumentative, but according to 27 cfr 178.125, a bound book can be "an orderly arrangement of loose-leaf pages."

granted, 3 bucks may be worth the peace of mind. i just find it annoying when the inspector does not follow their own organization's guidelines.

www.atf.gov/pub/fire-explo_pub/qa.pdf
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:19:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I just bought the $3 book from Brownells and put it in a 3 ring binder.  Be sure to make about 200 copies of your C&R FFL BEFORE you sign it.  Copies need to be signed in ink!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:30:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I just bought the $3 book from Brownells and put it in a 3 ring binder.  Be sure to make about 200 copies of your C&R FFL BEFORE you sign it.  Copies need to be signed in ink!

So, you ARE supposed to sign the original? (after making blank copies, of course)

I've always seen then unsigned. That way you can make copies as you need them.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:38:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, you ARE supposed to sign the original? (after making blank copies, of course)

I've always seen then unsigned. That way you can make copies as you need them.

Do not EVER sign the original.  You will need it to make certified copies.  A certified copy is one with an original signature.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:42:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Do not EVER sign the original.  You will need it to make certified copies.  A certified copy is one with an original signature.

I was told by an ATF agent that it must be signed, maybe he didn't know.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:48:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was told by an ATF agent that it must be signed, maybe he didn't know.

You have to have a certified copy posted at your collection premesis,  It can be a copy of the original as long as it has an original signature.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Your package of books will be sent to you soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top