Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/25/2002 4:27:18 PM EDT
I just got a bushmaster A1 upper. The front sight seems to be an A2. This isnt the problem. I cant adjust the front post. I have adjusted the post on other uppers using a bullet tip. This one wont turn at all. I only need to adjust it down maybe 4 clicks. It should have plenty of space to move down. It wont turn either way. Anyone else ever have this problem. Will a sight tool help. Im afraid of forcing it and breaking something. thanks
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 6:54:19 PM EDT
See if you can get a paper clip or something smaller then the bullet tip to push the pin down before trying to turn the sight. It should turn unless someone put loc-tite or something on it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 7:47:07 PM EDT
Is this a new upper?

If not, maybe someone threaded the front sight hole all the way through and put a hex screw in from the bottom to keep the front sight from wiggling.

Competition shooters and others with too much time on their hands sometimes do this.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 7:58:36 PM EDT
I bought the upper used, but it was unfired. I am able to push the pin down all the way. The post will not move at all.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 8:24:15 PM EDT
you just need a front sight tool, those new front sights are very "thread tight".....
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 8:28:45 PM EDT
My postban Bushy was the same way when I got it, but after a few hundred rounds it moves easily now using a bullet tip.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 9:06:58 PM EDT
Thanks, I will pick up a sight tool. I hope it is just tight threads. If thats what it is, Its real tight.
Top Top