Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 12:40:09 PM EDT
Hi all.
As the title really. I haven't put them together often and noticed tonight that the dot ret turns into a smiley crescent with the 3x on.
Is there a cure?

Many thanks!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:16:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Turn down the brightness and try adjusting the eye-piece for a better focus.

This worked fine on my primary arms gen-3 LER model.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:10:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Check the link below to my topic about a similar issue a few years ago.  I have since upgraded to a EXPS 3-0 and it does NOT do this, however it was a very shitty experience because eotech was less then willing to admit the problem.   Check the second page for pics.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_18/374769__ARCHIVED_THREAD____Eotech_557_MAJOR_PROBLEM__MORE_pics_pg_2__UPDATE_3_pg_8__STILL_MESSED_UP_RECTICAL.html&page=2

In my case I could find the exact brightness setting where the glitch would happen, and i could cycle back and forth and see the retical go from normal to swoosh.  I also did extensive testing, took photos and had several other people witness the same thing so it was not just my vision doing it.  If you read thru the tread you will see there was other people who tested and ended up having the same issue.  Eventually eotech admitted the problem, but i never really heard a resolution...eventually i just had them trade mine out for a different model without the glitch.

Is this what yours is doing and what model do you have?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:49:29 PM EDT
[#3]
That pretty much covers it Heineken. It's a 552
Very many thanks, will have a read through through of that thread. At least I know I'm not loosing my eyesight now
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:08:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a 552 that the reticule faded when looking straight into the view finder. After contacting Eotech for a return authorization, they fixed it free of charge! It was a year out of warranty even!
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:32:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a 552 that the reticule faded when looking straight into the view finder. After contacting Eotech for a return authorization, they fixed it free of charge! It was a year out of warranty even!
View Quote

Thanks very much,  will drop them a line
Top Top