Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2003 7:28:01 PM EDT
I called cheaperthandirt.com and asked about the M9 style bayonet they sell. All they could tell me is that it is made by Leapers. It says 440c stainless steel, and in appearance seems every bit as good as Ontario, or Lan-cay. I don't know a damn thing about knives really. So what do you think. Is it worth saving $40.00? Or is it just a cheap immitation?
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 12:15:38 PM EDT
[#1]
The cheapest US made M9's I have seen go for ~$100 on EBAY, although I have seem some of the Buck's going for as much as $250.  For $40 you are getting an immitation.  When I reseached this subject a few months ago, I came to the conclusion that spending $100 plus dollars on a bayonet was not where I wanted to put my money.  I will probably pick up an immitation for $35 or $40 at some point, especially since they look cool, but there are more functional parts that I would like to put in to the AR's first.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 3:43:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Its actually $59+ change. I meant $40.00 less than the rest of the M9s. You have a good point though. $100.00 is alot or a knife i'll probobly never need. But I do like my toys.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:45:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I picked up a Lan-Cay on Ebay for $75.00.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top