Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2002 11:09:56 PM EDT
I was reading a topic on transporting your long gun and had a question for you guys i have a double barrel shotgun that I keep under the seat of my truck (unloaded)and it is accesable to me. I also keep a box of shells in the glove box and in my "how to own a gun and stay out of jail" book it says longguns don't fall under the concealed gun law so you can keep them concealed as long as they are unloaded so is what I am doing legal?
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 2:56:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Where do you live??...which state??

-hanko
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 3:21:55 AM EDT
[#2]
In many states you still have to have the long guns unloaded and locked, or at least inaccessible.  As hanko asks, what state?

Link Posted: 6/16/2002 5:26:17 AM EDT
[#3]
If you happen to be in Texas then it is completely legal. There are no restrictions on the carry of longuns/shotguns either loaded or unloaded or concealed/unconcealed either on your person in your vehicle or whatever. Conceivably I could walk into WalMart with a loaded AR15 and a slung shotgun across my back and break no firearms laws. I could see a disturbing the peace or inciting public unrest though
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 8:23:19 AM EDT
[#4]
sorry I always forget that my profile doesn't have the state I live in California.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 8:53:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Greg, caag.state.ca.us/firearms/travel.htm might help.

-hanko
Top Top