Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2009 8:56:55 PM EDT
I am in Missouri. I bought a lower from a friend and I would like to register it as an SBR. Since the lower isnt in my name, can I do this? thanks
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 9:21:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 11:01:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 4:49:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Since the lower isnt in my name, can I do this?

Title I firearms (rifles, pistols, etc.) are not "registered" in MO.  There are only a handful of communist states that require actual registration.

When you buy a gun from a dealer, they run a background check on you.  They are just checking that you are not prohibited from owning a firearm.  The particular gun you buy is not "registered".  

As noted, check the tacked thread in the MO Hometown forum.  Don't forget that you need to have some type of FFL to own NFA stuff in MO (with a few exceptions.  Your AR15 is not one of those exceptions.)  Most of us just get a C&R FFL at $30/3 years, as this satisfies the state requirement, even for non-C&R guns.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 2:56:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since the lower isnt in my name, can I do this?

Title I firearms (rifles, pistols, etc.) are not "registered" in MO.  There are only a handful of communist states that require actual registration.

When you buy a gun from a dealer, they run a background check on you.  They are just checking that you are not prohibited from owning a firearm.  The particular gun you buy is not "registered".  

As noted, check the tacked thread in the MO Hometown forum.  Don't forget that you need to have some type of FFL to own NFA stuff in MO (with a few exceptions.  Your AR15 is not one of those exceptions.)  Most of us just get a C&R FFL at $30/3 years, as this satisfies the state requirement, even for non-C&R guns.

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top