Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 6:32:58 PM EDT
Anyone know where to get a birdcage flash hider for one?  

I have an SW5 (yeah yeah yeah - it was a good deal and it works) and I have an approved Form 1 () and I'm looking for a birdcage flash hider that will fit on the barrel after I chop it.

Either permanently attached or threaded...  depending on availability.  I think that I'd rather have threaded but I think that could be a little too complicated.  I figure if I go 3 lug I'll be replacing the whole barrel anyway.

If I'm totally screwed up, let me know a better way to go about this if you guys have better ideas.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:09:22 PM EDT
[#1]
If I was you.. I would have a 3 lug bbl, or at least adapter installed, and there are really sweet looking birdcage hiders avalible that lock onto the 3 lug bbl...

my $0.02
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:12:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Gemtech bi lock
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:42:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I looked at gemtech and I shyed away from the cost.  I  figured I could do it cheap and easy by chopping it and putting on a birdcage.  

Then later I could drop the whole barrel and replace it with a new 3-lug (maybe one of the POF ones) if I thought I wanted to put a can on it or something.

I have a guy local to do the chop.

I guess I'm looking for cheap and easy and I figured a birdcage would look better than a plain crowned barrel.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:17:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I would get the barrel cut down and threaded 1/2x28, purchase a 3-lug adapter from Mark McWillis (http://www.trosusa.com) for $60 and then get a factor flash hider for $60 from Long Mountain Outfitters (https://secure.longmountain.com/product_info.php?products_id=159&osCsid=bb9f25b7d7d805545d132aef2b0cb1af).  You then have the best of all worlds with a threaded barrel and the 3-lug adapter.

On the issue of SW-5, don't feel bad.. I have two that are both SBRs and totally tricked out for the same price as a stripped HK94.  One came from the factory and runs 99% (after replacing the extractor, extractor spring and recoil assembly with German parts) and the other was built by Mark Galla and runs 100%.  I love having guns that I enjoy shooing the heck out of and do not have to worry about how they look.  Just enjoy your SW5!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:24:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks!

TrosUSA is just over the hill to the south of me.

that seems like the way to go.  

$60.00  for the trost 3-lug adapter
$58.00 for the birdcage
$50-75 for labor to cut and thread the barrel.

and I'm still in a position to pull off the bird cage and go to a can on the 3-lug if I want to.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:26:34 AM EDT
[#6]
finished product!!

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:03:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Where did you buy the UMP folder?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:27:32 AM EDT
[#8]
that is a B&T stock.  I think I got it from DSA www.dsarms.com/catalog-list.cfm?Category=26

I got that AFTER I bought an MP5 sotck and figured out that the SW5 receiver grooves are too narrow to put a regular MP-5 tele-stock on it.... so I have one of those for sale.  bastards. I guess that was a thing they did to make it post-ban compliant?  (any one know what the deal is with that?)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top