Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 11:19:50 PM EDT
My 870 has one of those lawyer-proof triggers.  While that is OK for my HD version, for the match version I want a slightly better feeling trigger.  What are my options?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:48:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I am not quite sure what you mean by "lawyer-proof".

Do you mean that your safety has a key lock build in to it?  If so, you can replace it with any non-keyed 870 safety.

If you mean that the trigger pull weight is too heavy for you, do you have an 870 Police?  The 870P has a heavier sear spring which results in a heavier trigger pull weight.  You can buy the spring that comes on the 870 Express and switch the two.

If you mean that your 870 trigger just feels heavy and gritty... is your 870 new?  If so, shoot it a lot and it will probably smooth out.  Otherwise, Brownells sells a trigger kit for the 870 which replaces several of the trigger group compnents and springs.  Can't remember who makes it.

Here is a link to the kit: http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=21078&title=REMINGTON+870%2f1100+TRIGGER+SYSTEM
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:50:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Brownells Stock # 767-000-715, Sear Spring, Light Pull.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:19:16 AM EDT
[#3]
"If you mean that your 870 trigger just feels heavy and gritty... is your 870 new? If so, shoot it a lot and it will probably smooth out."

I'd 2nd that - out of my two 870s, one had trigger work done - the other one has just had ALOT of rounds through it - and they BOTH have decent trigger pulls, for shotguns...

- georgestrings
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top