Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2014 6:54:40 PM EDT
I have been looking but can't seem to find any 'deals' for a Ruger American Rimfire with a threaded barrel.  Are they unicorns?  

I'd prefer a compact but a standard is fine too since they are easily modified by changing out the stock pad.

Any suggestions?  

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 8:17:31 PM EDT
[#1]
BudsGuns

KYGunCo

Easy to find if you search Rugers Model # the above are 8306 for Compact Threaded.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 9:12:41 PM EDT
[#2]
There is also a RAR available at buds that has a ODG stock with modded bolt lever, thicker barrel, and threaded (FROM THE FACTORY) Same price as the regular RAR. No pic though, you need to google 8334 Ruger American.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 11:35:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have been looking but can't seem to find any 'deals' for a Ruger American Rimfire with a threaded barrel.  Are they unicorns?  

I'd prefer a compact but a standard is fine too since they are easily modified by changing out the stock pad.

Any suggestions?  

Thanks
View Quote

The pad change out is for a cheek rest. One is , one isn't, it does not change the overall length of the stock.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:52:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The pad change out is for a cheek rest. One is , one isn't, it does not change the overall length of the stock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it does. There are four stock modules available, and they fit any of the RARs he's looking at. There are both standard and compact sizes for the two comb sizes available, and all four are interchangeable.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 6:12:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yes it does. There are four stock modules available, and they fit any of the RARs he's looking at. There are both standard and compact sizes for the two comb sizes available, and all four are interchangeable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine came with a basic and cheek rest style.  Be nice to get a little more leg room on my compact . I stand corrected , thanks .
http://www.ruger.com/products/americanRimfire/index.html
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 9:18:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There is also a RAR available at buds that has a ODG stock with modded bolt lever, thicker barrel, and threaded (FROM THE FACTORY) Same price as the regular RAR. No pic though, you need to google 8334 Ruger American.
View Quote

sorry for my ignorance but what is a ODG stock?
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 9:30:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

did a search on Bud's for '8334 Ruger American' and nothing came up,

Do you have a link?  

Link Posted: 12/30/2014 9:35:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the help guys.  I tried to do a general search in google but came up with nothing.  I guess I have to search in specific websites instead of across the interweb.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 10:32:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Thanks for the help guys.  I tried to do a general search in google but came up with nothing.  I guess I have to search in specific websites instead of across the interweb.

View Quote

It comes up if you search for 8334 Ruger. No picture though.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:31:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
sorry for my ignorance but what is a ODG stock?
View Quote

I assumed it was Olive Drab Green.

I found it by simply searching for 8334 on their site (but there's no pic). here's the mobile version, and this should be for the full website version.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 2:18:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I got one on order...here is the link from rimfire central. The thicker and slick barrel seems to be a sort of bull barrel, it has a different bolt knob and the Olive Drab Green stock...I like it.

There is also one up for sale on GB.

AND here is a pic...
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 7:14:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep....mine gets delivered to my FFL on Friday.  They are very hard to find and Buds doesn't have pictures.  I got the model number from Gunbroker and found it cheaper at Bud's.  $290 shipped and insured using a credit card.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 7:15:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks all,

I just bought one off of Buds.  

I went w/ the 8334 model.

Thank you all for your help.  

Link Posted: 12/30/2014 9:35:05 PM EDT
[#14]
This thread forced me to order a threaded barrel model. 8305 to be exact.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 5:07:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I also bought the od green one from buds.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 5:59:42 PM EDT
[#16]
I just saw this thread and it cost me $300.

Off to look for a scope now...
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:02:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I got one on order...here is the link from rimfire central. The thicker and slick barrel seems to be a sort of bull barrel, it has a different bolt knob and the Olive Drab Green stock...I like it.

AND here is a pic...http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a604/artimus009/7efc3484efced70164ba5756798add80_zps0b97296e.jpg
View Quote

What kind of groups are you getting?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AND here is a pic...http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a604/artimus009/7efc3484efced70164ba5756798add80_zps0b97296e.jpg

Since this model has a slightly thicker barrel, it should be ever so slightly better than the others. BUT, that all depends on ammo and the shooter, of course. With the regular RAR, at 50 yards and using CCI SV, I was getting a ragged hole on a post it note. Using a 3-9x40 sweet22.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Since this model has a slightly thicker barrel, it should be ever so slightly better than the others. BUT, that all depends on ammo and the shooter, of course. With the regular RAR, at 50 yards and using CCI SV, I was getting a ragged hole on a post it note. Using a 3-9x40 sweet22.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

sorry for my ignorance,....

what is a 'sweet 22'?

thanks

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 10:31:36 PM EDT
[#20]
It's a scope.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#21]
I Picked up a 8334 from a gun shop local to me just after New year's.
Took about 50 patches thorough the bore using Ballistol (all I had with me) before I had clean patches come out. So make sure you clean the bore good. Ymmv.
Got some impressive groups using geco bolt optimized .22 ammo.
I am torn on the oversized bolt kinda gets in the way for a walking woods gun. I have found it open several times when I had shots available at squirrels. That only happens occasionally with my Browning T-Bolt and not with any of my other bolt guns.
I clipped two coils out of the trigger spring and with the trigger adjustment screw backed out six turns the trigger is excellent.I wish all triggers were that easy.
This model with its 18 inch barrel has good balance and makes for a great walking woods gun I am just torn on the oversized bolt knob.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:32:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Does anyone know the thread count on the RAR 8334?

model  8305 is [per spec sheet on Ruger.com]

Satin blued, target-crowned, hammer-forged barrel results in ultra-precise rifling that provides exceptional accuracy, longevity and easy cleaning. Threaded barrel models feature a 1/2"-28 thread pattern and a factory installed thread protector.

Is it the same for the model 8334?

Ruger doesn't list the model in their model search and a google search didn't provide any help.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:42:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Does anyone know the thread count on the RAR 8334?

model  8305 is [per spec sheet on Ruger.com]

Satin blued, target-crowned, hammer-forged barrel results in ultra-precise rifling that provides exceptional accuracy, longevity and easy cleaning. Threaded barrel models feature a 1/2"-28 thread pattern and a factory installed thread protector.

Is it the same for the model 8334?

Ruger doesn't list the model in their model search and a google search didn't provide any help.

Thanks
View Quote

It's the same, just got mine today.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:43:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Yup...it's the same. I just wished that they made the threads longer so I can justify buying the Silencerrco adapter
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:57:28 PM EDT
[#25]
I shot my model 8334 for the first time today. Really happy with! I didn't have a great rest and it was really windy today but here is my first 3 shots at 50 yards.

That's with cheap remington thunderbolts. I think I got a keeper!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:07:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Yup...it's the same. I just wished that they made the threads longer so I can justify buying the Silencerrco adapter
View Quote

just trying to learn,

What would a silencerrco adapter do for you?

Thanks,

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:26:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

just trying to learn,

Thanks,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

just trying to learn,

Thanks,

Since the adapter has a slightly different length, it engages the o-ring in the spectre, sparrow, and warlock, which in turn keeps the suppressor from backing out and keeps the threads on the host clean.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top