Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2015 12:47:31 AM EDT
Just got my supressor and was thinking about doing some subsonic rounds. Alot of info i see says to use TrailBoss, which i would love to do...but it just doesnt exist here in Phoenix. After some google searching i see TiteGroup brought up ever now and again. How is this stuff? i have Lbs and Lbs of that stuff cause i use it for my pistols. I would prefer to keep using 175 SMK's since i have alot on hand, but i have heard i need to go to a heavier bullet with subsonic ammo. The rifle is a 308 AR with a 22" 11.25:1 JP barrel and saker suppressor. An info would be much appreciated, but right now looks like il have to keep an eye out for TrailBoss
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:07:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I've only used trailboss for 308 subs. Im not sure titegroup can be used in 308. I know some use it in 300blackout. Best to find some trailboss online and go that way. Be safe
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:21:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, I do. I'm shocked you can't find any in Phoenix but more and more people are turning to Trail Boss for those purposes. Titegroup and Clay Dot work for my purposes using 168gr SMK or Amax.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:25:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Lots use Trailboss, but Hodgdon shows 8gr TG for 168gr bullets gets 1080fps.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lots use Trailboss, but Hodgdon shows 8gr TG for 168gr bullets gets 1080fps.
View Quote

Where did you find this info. on Hodgeon's site? I looked all over it and didn't see any reduced loads other thanTrailboss and H4895.

NEVER MIND...It was looking right at me....typical male!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I have.  Accuracy was decent but u got occasional supersonic in warm weather with 8gr and 170s. Might have been 150s, not sure... it isn't the best powder for it.

168 smks and hornady hpbts did not stabilize in my 1:10.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top