Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2002 7:42:34 PM EDT
i have been itching to get a .223 bolt gun, to join the local varmit shooters. i realized maybe it would be just as good, if not better, to get a bull barrelled upper. it might be the same cost, and of coarse be semi. i know the more guns the better, but if the JTdistributing upper is decent, i just might have to spring for that. any ideas?
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 1:52:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you're on the right track with a bull upper. While I'm not up on JT, I just picked up a DPMS Bull 24 with the same idea as you. Dropped it on my Snake lower and could not believe the tight fit, no wedge needed. Sometime this week I'll get a chance to try it out; probably Wed. I have a couple of bolt guns, 22-250, 243 HB,25-06 and my 40X HB w/110 gr. tip would do for varm. shooting. Still, the Bull 24 will be my choice this year. If DPMS lives up to the press I've read on this web. I'll be very happy (1/4 moa or better) If not, the Win 243 Mod 70 HB shoots 5 under a dime @ 100.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 2:50:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Mattsd, I have 2 of them and have never regretted the purchase. All of my gun friends take one look and say "Build me one, build me one" J&T are great people to buy from but have you noticed LEGP offering of a 24 in bull upper?
Either way, I  think you will be happy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top