Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 1:54:59 PM EDT
Barrel and bolt, that's it right?
It sounds like it might be fun, I'm thinking about it and wanted to get some opinions.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:40:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Barrel and bolt, that's it right?
It sounds like it might be fun, I'm thinking about it and wanted to get some opinions.

I did the change from 22lr to 17 Mach2 on my 10/22. The 17 Mach2 is a really good varmint round due it's flat trajectory and I like to shoot it at the range also -- it's seems to be naturally very accurate. I didn't do the EABCO setup but close to it -- I relined a stock carbine barrel and bought the heavy charging handle from Brownells. The reason I did a relined carbine barrel is I wanted the lighter profile barrel for field use. Relining a barrel can be expensive but I already had all the right stuff so it was no big deal. If you're wanting to try the Mach2 conversion and don't want to break the bank, the EABCO setup is at a good price range and shoots very accurately.

When it comes to fun shooting like plinking and blasting stuff I still prefer the 22lr -- it's cheap enough to shoot all day and still have some ammo left over.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#2]
this is what I'm getting:

Volquartsen Barrel Ruger 10/22 17 Hornady Mach 2 (HM2) 920 Diameter 1 in 9" Twist 18-1/2" Fluted Stainless Steel with Compensator

Volquartsen Bolt Assembly Ruger 10/22 17 Hornady Mach 2 (HM2)
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:22:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Volquartsen Barrel Ruger 10/22 17 Hornady Mach 2 (HM2) 920 Diameter 1 in 9" Twist 18-1/2" Fluted Stainless Steel with Compensator

Can't argue about them parts! I like to screw around making stuff -- you are definitely not screwing around! Unless you've already reworked the trigger, the stock Ruger trigger setup requires the robotic fingers of the Terminator to operate so you'll need to correct that or the fancy parts are kinda waisted. What scope are you going to top it off with?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't argue about them parts! I like to screw around making stuff -- you are definitely not screwing around! Unless you've already reworked the trigger, the stock Ruger trigger setup requires the robotic fingers of the Terminator to operate so you'll need to correct that or the fancy parts are kinda waisted. What scope are you going to top it off with?

Any recomendations on the trigger work? /Hyjack mode off/
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:39:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The trigger was replaced by a Volquartsen unit a few years ago.
I will probably be sticking with my Nikon scope 3-9X40
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:37:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I got my new Volquartsen barrel today and it says no metal cleaning rods or metal barrel brushes or warranty will be void, wierd.
Recommended way of cleaning is a patch on the end of a fishing line and pull through.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:29:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Recommended way of cleaning is a patch on the end of a fishing line and pull through.

The PatchWorm works great.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:10:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The PatchWorm works great.

thanks
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:00:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I got a used 10/22 at the local shop and I'm wondering about the black coating on the reciever.
Paint or powder coat?
The new barrel was a tight fit due to the excess coating. I had to tap it in with a plastic mallet even after sanding the excess.
I can still get it out easily if I want to detail strip.
Anyway, here she is.

ETA: I just discovered that the 25 round mags don't like being loaded with these things past 10-15 rounds, Crap
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top