Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2002 2:22:55 PM EDT
I've seen these advertised on DSA's website, and wondered if anyone has bought either.  If so, do you like 'em, hate 'em, what?

I've been considering each of them, but of course would prefer to have someone else do the financial experimentation part.

Skeleton Stock
Boom Tube Stock

Link Posted: 12/6/2002 4:54:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's the manufactores website...
www.riflestocks.com

I've got the skeleton stock on a preban PWA carbine.I really like it.I had to do some minor fitting upon installation.Why did I put a fixed stock on a preban?Unless you're about 5'1 there's not too many people that will really feel comfortable with a collapsible stock in other than the extended position anyway.The skeleton is of high quality.

The boom tube looks pretty cool but with 1.5" of adjustment how functional is it really going to be?The tube would give you that neat HK retractable stock look but with the short adjustment I just don't think it would be really very helpful functionally as far as the retractable part.I might buy a boom tube but only for the looks.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I have this stock on my postban AR and I do like the looks of it better than a non-collapsable-colapsable.  The length is great for CQB shooting on the move however, it seems a little short for prone or bench precision shooting.  Nevertheless, I do like it better than the stock stock!
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 5:59:59 PM EDT
[#3]
How is the length of the Skeleton compared to an A1 or A2?  How 'bout compared to a standard telestock?
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 9:01:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Do a search in the AR15 "community" of this website.  You'll find long threads there about these stocks (the ARFX "skeleton" in particular) especially in the "Rifles, uppers, lowers, barrels, and more" section.

The general consensus on the ARFX is it's a great buttstock option for the postban AR owner.

Chris
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 9:11:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks.  Believe it or not, I'm considering this for a pre-ban.  I'm just not a big fan of the telestocks, and I think an M4-style barrel looks goofy with a standard buttstock.  Personal preference.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 12:34:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't have a A1 stock to measure but I'd say the skeleton is real close in measurement.I'm 6'1" and on my PWA carbine the skeleton fits me perfect.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 11:11:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a boom tube....Very comfortable. Also...very solid. Overall...I like it fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top