Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2014 4:09:20 PM EDT
I want a .22 rifle host, I don't really want to spend the money on an AR platform, was looking at Ruger 10/20 and Marlin 795, The marlin is about $100 cheaper than Ruger,  I know you can get higer capacity mags for both, so that is not an issue.

Can I get either one with a threaded barrel already, or do I need to gun smith them?

Plan on running my sparrow

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:24:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I wanna say the ruger 50th anniversary came threaded.

Honestly if you plan on doing mods go with a 10/22.

Marlin 795 is a good gun to and the new pro mags seem to be getting good reviews. I keep forgetting to pick some up for testing.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:17:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty sure that you can get the 10/22 tactical or takedown models with a factory threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:30:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Spectre II in jail and have been really eyeing the 10/22 takedown with factory threaded barrel.  I really like the idea of a suppressed 10/22 that takes down and packs into a backpack.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:45:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd definitely go with the 10/22 threaded.  Also, I'm not sure where in NM you are but we have a bbl maker in my town that'll thread for around $40. He does awesome work and has done 6 of my barrels with no problems.  As well as several guys at work.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:59:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I would write a list the features that are important to you or that you prefer; such as, accuracy, mag capacity, aftermarket mods, bolt hold open feature, price and so on. And also include your needs for the intended purpose of the gun, hunting, plinking, etc...   Then write the pros and cons of each rifle and see which fits your wants/needs/preferences.

I really think it is hard to go wrong with a 10-22 but if out of the box accuracy is your top goal, then Marlin wins that by a long shot in my opinion.

I am looking for a bolt action Marlin, possibly tube fed, to suppress. I love the 10-22 for plinking but the bolt slapping back and forth makes a lot of noise when hunting. I don't like to disturb the deer when I kill a coon that is tearing up my feeders.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 7:20:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd definitely go with the 10/22 threaded.  Also, I'm not sure where in NM you are but we have a bbl maker in my town that'll thread for around $40. He does awesome work and has done 6 of my barrels with no problems.  As well as several guys at work.
View Quote

Im near Las Cruces
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I would write a list the features that are important to you or that you prefer; such as, accuracy, mag capacity, aftermarket mods, bolt hold open feature, price and so on. And also include your needs for the intended purpose of the gun, hunting, plinking, etc...   Then write the pros and cons of each rifle and see which fits your wants/needs/preferences.

I really think it is hard to go wrong with a 10-22 but if out of the box accuracy is your top goal, then Marlin wins that by a long shot in my opinion.

I am looking for a bolt action Marlin, possibly tube fed, to suppress. I love the 10-22 for plinking but the bolt slapping back and forth makes a lot of noise when hunting. I don't like to disturb the deer when I kill a coon that is tearing up my feeders.
View Quote

I have a marlin 60 that works great, but won't the tube feeder get in the way of the suppressor
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 7:36:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Ruger. Lots of accessories & upgrades available.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 8:47:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can you IM me the info. I have several barrels I want to get threaded.

Thanks

MAHA
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 8:49:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have a marlin 60 that works great, but won't the tube feeder get in the way of the suppressor
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Suppressors will get in the way of reloading the tube, this is the only reason why I don't have my Model 60 threaded. Savage Mark II line of rifles are great. I have the FV-SR and I am waiting on my scope so I can really start to play with it.

MAHA
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 4:29:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Browning T Bolt.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 4:48:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Suppressors will get in the way of reloading the tube, this is the only reason why I don't have my Model 60 threaded. Savage Mark II line of rifles are great. I have the FV-SR and I am waiting on my scope so I can really start to play with it.

MAHA
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MAHA

Thats what I thought, my son has a Savage Mark II as well, I will probaly get it threaded for him, but for me I do not want the bolt action

let me know if you get the info on the guy in NM for barrel threading

I am leaning for just getting the Ruger 10/20, silencer is still in jail so I have time to shop around or wait for one to come in at the local Wal Mart
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top