Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2010 1:07:29 PM EDT
Just wondering if anyone knows of a good heavy (70-75gr) bullet in .224" dia that's a good hunting projectile?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:27:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:09:24 PM EDT
[#2]
He beat me to it.   Huge second on the 70gr barnes TSX.  I got asked yesterday "how do you feel comfortable hunting big Caribou with the 223?"  The TSX is my answer to that.

If you go to the barnes bullet question that I just answered in another reloading thread you can read about why I love that bullet.  I can even give you info on what my rifles push that bullet to with TAC.  I have to go look at my notes.  I have a 16" SHTF carbine that has gear loaded with mags w/ the 70TSX - I also have a hunting rifle I set up with a 20" barrel and also hunt with the 70TSX.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:54:31 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=837001

that little guy?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:27:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Hornady 75gr BTHP Match
Hornady product number #2279
this for AR-15s

NOTE:  NOT A-Max 75gr, they have a long plastic tip that forces a overall length > will fit in the magazine.
A-Max is fine for a bolt gun in 223.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top