BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2005 9:53:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 9:55:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard that AAC pilot (IIRC) is an awesome .22 suppressor for the money
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 9:56:53 PM EDT
[#2]
You can't go wrong with the Gemtech Outback or AAC Pilot.   Both around $300.00 though.
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 5:14:44 AM EDT
[#3]
The best way is to hear them.  From my personal experience, a LCW  is quieter than a Tac.
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What's best? ...for around $200?

Why settle for a $200 .22LR suppressor, when the best ones out there are only $100 more? I use an AAC Pilot myself, which weighs a mere 3 ounces.
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 7:26:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 11:01:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Because, 3 years ago

No offense,  but now ain't 3 years ago.
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 12:11:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
He will go for a $200 one, maybe even up to $300.

$300 will get him the best .22LR suppressor on the market.
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 12:24:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He will go for a $200 one, maybe even up to $300.

$300 will get him the best .22LR suppressor on the market.

Yup.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:24:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You can't go wrong with the Gemtech Outback or AAC Pilot.   Both around $300.00 though.

Two of the top rated cans, a little edge to the AAC Pilot for style points and the free nylon pouch.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 8:06:58 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a Warlock from SWR. Joes cans are among the quietest that I have heard, and his customer service is second to none.  I found it to be true in the phrase "Hollywood quiet". Granted its about 3/4 of a inch longer but its worth it. You wont be dissapointed. Mike K  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:20:55 PM EDT
[#11]
The Pilot, Outback-II, and Warlock are all excellent. The SRT cans are good but not as nicely engraved/finished. My test showed them a hair louder but they deserve a retest.

Quick reviews on each:

Pilot -- nicest finish quality, best packing/manual/nylon pouch. Has stainless insert on threads. Harcoat anodized. Scarab is especially beautiful but I would save it for a higher-end metal .22 -- like a PPK. Cannot see thread insert from the side, which I prefer.

Outback-II -- Most of the time the finish matches AAC, good manual, the latest have a Ti insert on the threads but some older stock is out there. Probably hardcoat anodized (Gemtech says it is) but our sample did not pass the knife test. The Vortex-II I saw was a beautiful can.

Warlock -- around 1/2 inch longer and my test showed it a little quieter. Basic packaging, probably hardcoat anodized. Engraving crooked on all of the samples I saw (see photo here). Can see thread insert from the side.

I like the Pilot the best. It is just right.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:00:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Two of the top rated cans, a little edge to the AAC Pilot for style points and the free nylon pouch.

Indeed two of the top rated cans, A little edge to Gemtech for their customer service.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Honestly this is like the only alternate universe where non-homosexual guys stand around and talk about how their guy-items are better because the company has better customer service.

Can you imagine someone saying "BBS wheels are the way to go over OZ wheels cause I once called them and they were really nice on the phone."

or

Yo Frank, Peterbilt trucks might be great, but Mack was so much more friendly on the phone."

or "I was gonna buy that Canon 20D, but I hear that Nikon is nicer if you need to call them."

or "I wanted the Ducati 999 but Yamaha gets +1 for customer service!"

You will never ever hear of such issues on Camera forums, motorcycle forums, car forums, EVEN GUN forums (when it comes to guns). But for silencers!? Seems like people are like "Well, sure it is better, but so and so has better customer service and you know me, I am always planning for that future potential problem."

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:22:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Honestly this is like the only alternate universe where non-homosexual Welcomeguys stand around and talk about how their guy-items are betterBetter, how said anything about better I said edge. Edge in my book is attained by the whole enchilada not by two tenths of whatever the f*ck on the greatest wing dingy sound machine of all time because the company has better customer service.

Can you imagine someone saying "BBS wheels are the way to go over OZ wheels cause I once called them and they were really nice on the phone."Not a big car guy

or

Yo Frank, Peterbilt trucks might be great, but Mack was so much more friendly on the phone."With everything about else equal if my Peterbilt has more locations to get serviced when I'm on the road I'm buying from Peter

or "I was gonna buy that Canon 20D, but I hear that Nikon is nicer if you need to call them."
Just not really into photography

or "I wanted the Ducati 999 but Yamaha gets +1 for customer service!"I own an R1  the only reason a 999 aint in my garage is because....  You guessed it the damn things are harder to get serviced my local ducati dealer is 120 miles away

You will never ever hear of such issues on Camera forums, motorcycle forums, car forums, EVEN GUN forumsI've been unloading all my HK sh*t the last couple of months wanna know why. Because If they don't give a shit about civilians I don't care how good there stuff is(when it comes to guns). But for silencers!? Seems like people are like "Well, sure it is better, but so and so has better customer service and you know me, I am always planning for that future potential problem."

I've read alot of your post and to me it seems like you have a dog in this race.   All I now is I spend my money where it's appreciated, Just as I would expect my customers to also

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Edge in my book is attained by the whole enchilada not by two tenths of whatever the f*ck on the greatest wing dingy sound machine of all time

Yes, I agree. Sound is just but one issue. I also care about mounting systems, cosmetics, price, durability, and the company itself. My favorite cans are not always the quietest.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:15:05 AM EDT
[#16]
My wife just bought me a Gemtech Outback for Christmas and it was $300.00. Nice thing is they don't charge extra to do the paperwork. Some dealers I have seen charge as much as $125.00 to do the paperwork even if you’re buying from them.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:56:25 AM EDT
[#17]
I just bought a SWR Warlock.  Don't have posession yet....

I chose the SWR for 2 reasons:  Company reputation and positive referreals on the suppressor's effectiveness.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:03:13 AM EDT
[#18]
SWR Warlock.....
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:42:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:57:48 AM EDT
[#20]
I actually care about customer service -- I just would not pick the Nth best can because they had the best customer service when the 1st best can had acceptable customer service. KAC service is unacceptable, but every other company I am aware of is ok.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:17:57 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I have a Warlock from SWR. Joes cans are among the quietest that I have heard, and his customer service is second to none.  I found it to be true in the phrase "Hollywood quiet". Granted its about 3/4 of a inch longer but its worth it. You wont be dissapointed. Mike K  

Glad to hear.  That is the one I am getting.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:51:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Happy with my set-up.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:14:36 PM EDT
[#23]
My humble 2 cents :

I own both a Pilot and SRT Arms Cheyenne XL.

I bought the Pilot because I read it was very quiet and alot of people seemed to be buying it. Didn't know or care if it was the quietest. I believed that AAC was not going to go out of business anytime soon so they could do service IF I needed it.

I bought the Chey XL because I got a great price on it. The SRT website says it is quiet and that is all I had to go on. I didn't know at the time if SRT would be around in 5 years; however, Doug always answered my emails quickly so I thought he was very reputable and cared about the customer.

I am very happy with both suppressors and have never needed service with my level of usage.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:05:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
My humble 2 cents :

So which one sounds quieter to you?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:13:09 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My humble 2 cents :

So which one sounds quieter to you?

The Chey XL has a lower tone which makes it sound quieter. Both probably have the same dB level.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:49:40 PM EDT
[#26]
I just received my TAC-67.

I bought it primarily for two reasons.
I can disassemble it for cleaning.
It is rated for "hard full auto"

$350 and all stainless steel.  It is heavy, though.  9.3 ounces.  Nearly 3 times the weight of all aluminum.

It is quite silent on my P22....I've not been able to try it on my M11/9 yet.

Now some will say that they never need to clean their suppressors....I fired 10 rounds of CCI mini-mags through mine, and was quite surprised at the amount of "gunk" inside.

Me, I like clean firearms.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top