Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 7:22:10 PM EDT
All this time I thought it was a joke.  Too Funny!!!  http://www.armalite.com/sales/catalog/rifles/ar50.htm
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:15:47 PM EDT
[#1]
No joke! But you won't need it with the Armalite.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:34:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea, mine is not that bad.  I do wonder about some of those lightweight 50's though...

AR-50  40 pounds with optics
Ultralight 17 pounds...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:11:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yea, mine is not that bad.  I do wonder about some of those lightweight 50's though...

AR-50  40 pounds with optics
Ultralight 17 pounds...

The uppers really aren't that bad at all....
Here are some videos of an UltraMag (22") and UltraLite (18") being fired.

right-click, save as:

www.daplane.com/50bmg/video/UltraMag.wmv

www.daplane.com/50bmg/video/ul50st_recoil.wmv
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:36:33 PM EDT
[#4]
You have to give it to Armalite.  Including Tylenol is a pretty funny joke, especially after you shoot the beast.  If ever there was a .50 BMG where you DIDN'T need Tylenol after shooting the Armalite is it.  The muzzle blast is something fierce but the recoil is nothing to mention.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:15:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought they were kidding also, LOL
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:30:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I got the tylenol and ear plugs with my AR50, thought it was a joke as well but low and behold there it was.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:54:12 AM EDT
[#7]
the tylenol has nothing to do with the recoil.  

The ar50 is definatly the .50 that most needs it.  The tylenol is for the headache that you get from the concussive blast out of the muzzle brake.  This affect is amplified with new shooters, and therefore the new rifle.  

When I bought my ar50, it came with the tylenol, and I sure as hell needed it after a dozen shots.  Over time you adapt to the shockwave and it doesnt bother you so much.  
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top