Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 3:24:13 PM EDT
I walked into this small shop on my sales route back in December and he had  afew items I was interested in. However the consignment person had not priced them yet so all I could do was look at them. So I put my name down on a few and decided to check back later. Today I was going through the same city and walked in and asked about the rifles in question. The dealer says that yes indeed he did price them and is firm on his pricing. Thinking the worst I decide to look anyway.
Sooo I first take a look again at the k98k. Nice rifle with all parts matching except bolt which matches itself. Has sight hood, sling, and no rod and is also not an import. Overall finish is very good with a few blemishes here and there. I look at the price, $150! Mine!
Next up is a Swede 38 in very good plus condition. All matching with walnut stock, and chart tacked onto the stock. It is also "0" marked for bore condition. It is however import marked. Price $150. Mine!
Next on the list Remington 1917 in nice shape. Price $250. Mine!
He had a Jap rifle also but I was tapped. I will check on the rifle next time I make a payment on the layaway plan. It always happens to me that I find nice deals and no money. Thank goodness he took layaway!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:53:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like you hit the mother load.

All I find in my local shops are pieces of metal with more rust then metal.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:49:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

That would be my luck, too.  If it's not a peice of crap, it's way overpriced.

Congrats on the nice finds!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:50:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

+1

the nagant rifles around me are all rusted up and total pieces of junk
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#4]
most of the surplus stuff around here looks like it was used as a boat paddle in a rocky river,
or it is way overpriced...
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:45:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Next up is a Swede 38 in very good plus condition. All matching with walnut stock, and chart tacked onto the stock. It is also "0" marked for bore condition. It is however import marked. Price $150.

That is a steal!
Jim
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:08:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:09:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I dont find many deals, I try to keep a good big of cash on me incase though
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:15:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Everything I look at is alot of $$$$$$$$$. That doesn't deter me 'cause where there is a will..........      Hammer
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:15:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Next up is a Swede 38 in very good plus condition. All matching with walnut stock, and chart tacked onto the stock. It is also "0" marked for bore condition. It is however import marked. Price $150.

That is a steal!
Jim

Yeah that is a steal. It is in nice shape except for a few scuffs on the floor plate.
I didn't even see it the first time I came through the place. I thought it was another Yugo m48 in the rack so I had passed on it the first time through. I however was lucky enough to ask about it when the price was set and about fell over. These things sell for $300 plus in most cases.
I do however need to make some room so I will be selling my other dups of these rifles in the near future.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top