Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2008 5:01:57 AM EDT
It's everything I thought it would be. Can't wait to shoot it this weekend.  

Kind of torn on what to put on it for optics.  I plan on giving this thing a whirl as a predator rifle for cougar and coyotes just for grins so some optics that are compact but have a little magnification will be needed.

I have a brand new Millet Tactical DMS-1 I was thinking of slapping on but can't decide.

Anyway, thanks for the help when I was trying to decide on rifles to buy.  Now on to the next two. lol!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:56:36 AM EDT
[#1]
welcome to the club
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:43:40 PM EDT
[#2]
EOTECH is a good way to go.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Check the FNHUSA website for the promotion on a free C-Mores reflex sight.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:42:09 PM EDT
[#4]
My vote is Eotech with a quick flip 3x or 4x behind it.

If you're only doing varmints though and don't need a CQB optic like the eotech, save your money and buy something less expensive in the 1-4 power range.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:39:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Eotech would be cool, but technically illegal in Washington.  No illuminated optics on hunting weapons.

I vote for a 1-5 low power magnification scope.

Congrats on the new gun, maybe I could come up and try it out.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 4:48:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I put an ACOG on mine
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 4:53:08 AM EDT
[#7]
EOTECH on mine.

Max
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:01:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Judochop, thanks for the welcome to the club. lol!

I sent FNH an e-mail yesterday afternoon to find out what I need to do to receive a free C-More sight.  If it doesn't get used for the FN,  I could throw it on a AR I guess.

I'm thinking maybe a low power short scope like you guys suggested would be a good pick. Steve, I forgot all about no electronics on hunting rifles.  Good point.  That eliminates the DMS I guess.  

I'll post a little range report after shooting it this weekend.

Thanks again, PW
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:03:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Eotech would be cool, but technically illegal in Washington.  No illuminated optics on hunting weapons.

Huh?

Could you show me where that rule is?

I’ve looked through the latest hunting regs and I don’t see anything about illuminated sights.

On page 68 under Prohibited Hunting Methods I see where you can’t hunt with lights, lasers, and night vision / thermal sights, but nothing about illuminated optics.  And I have yet to see an EOTech that is “capable of projecting a beam onto the target,” but maybe there’s a new model out.

---

Oh, and where are the pics of the FS2k?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:12:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh?

Could you show me where that rule is?

I’ve looked through the latest hunting regs and I don’t see anything about illuminated sights.

On page 68 under Prohibited Hunting Methods I see where you can’t hunt with lights, lasers, and night vision / thermal sights, but nothing about illuminated optics.  And I have yet to see an EOTech that is “capable of projecting a beam onto the target,” but maybe there’s a new model out.

---

Oh, and where are the pics of the FS2k?

You are correct!  I should have read that.  I was thinking of lasers I guess.  And it appears I could even use a laser on coyotes if I want but not cougars.  Thanks for pointing that out.  Might try that scope after all.  

"11. Using night vision and laser sights:
It is illegal to hunt deer or elk with the aid of
infrared night vision equipment or with laser
sights (not to include range finders) capable of
projecting a beam onto the target, while in possession
or control of a firearm, bow and arrow,
or crossbow."

I'll get some pics up this weekend. lol!  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top