Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2006 1:17:41 PM EDT
From what ive read the YHM suppressor is the way to go if i get one for my AR.  Can anyone give me an idea of the sound it makes?  Ive read videos are pretty much worthless to hear. The dealer ive spoken to said he will get one in for a demo and ill get to hear it then.  I was able to hear the YHM .22lr suppressor on a pistol which was very nice.  I can feel the addiction coming on like the black rifle disease.  Anyway let me know what you think and feel free to add any comments you want to.  

Thanks, Major
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 1:38:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 1:53:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I've only shot my YHM 3200 (.223) suppressor at a range with a steel guardrail roof over the benches. I have not shot it in an open field yet. The bullet supersonic crack is the loudest thing I hear. The action noise does not bother me. My ears did not ring after shooting 20 to 30 rounds. I would say it sounds like a loud .22 LR, but not .22 Magnum. I need to shoot it more to try to filter out the different noises.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the YHM 5.56x45mm suppressor rated for automatic fire?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:35:26 PM EDT
[#5]
not really, it's rated for limited F/A though.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:18:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Can you pretty comfortably shoot without hearing protection or is that still needed?  How does it compare to the bolt noise if i release the carrier with an empty chamber?  If it sounds pretty quiet with that i may put on a adjustable gas tube and just cut the system on and off when i want to to be extra quiet.  I think i remember ar15 barrels saying he could make that happen.  

Thanks for the replies so far,

Major
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top