Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2009 6:22:53 PM EDT
Hi. I'm buying a supressor soon, really soon. I've got it down to YHM (my cheap option) and AAC m4-2000 (expensive). I really don't want a M4-1000. If anyone can answer these questions, I'd appreciate it.

Anyone have a YHM with a lot of rounds though it? Durability? Anyone have experience with warranty work or how they deal with baffle strikes?

Re AAC - what happens if you have baffle strikes with factory installed FH - do they repair? Warranty work? Longterm durability (ie excess of 10k rounds)?

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 6:25:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm also looking for info on the YHM suppressors, especially their QD models.

Do they repeat zero after re-installation?

Link Posted: 3/21/2009 6:25:58 PM EDT
[#2]
So far my YHM has been perfect.  100+ gophers down today with it
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 5:27:51 AM EDT
[#3]
M4-2000
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 6:05:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a SS Phantom. It has about 2k and about 1/4 of that on FA. Some of the finish was showing some wear around the end where I would let it rest- rub on the wood stand after a few FA mag dumps. I sent it back and YHM refinished the can just like new. It is a like a tank and  comes with a lifetime warranty. I would recommend it if you want a low cost can that you won't feel bad about giving hell. The M42K is a great can but for me the cost dictates the way I treat it. Semi only
YHM Phantom
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 6:23:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a SS Phantom. It has about 2k and about 1/4 of that on FA. Some of the finish was showing some wear around the end where I would let it rest- rub on the wood stand after a few FA mag dumps. I sent it back and YHM refinished the can just like new. It is a like a tank and  comes with a lifetime warranty. I would recommend it if you want a low cost can that you won't feel bad about giving hell. The M42K is a great can but for me the cost dictates the way I treat it. Semi only
YHM Phantom

Nice Video, but what's up with the left hand selecting?

Later,
D
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 11:05:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone know anyone who has had a significant issue with either company and how it's been resolved?
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 11:45:32 AM EDT
[#7]
<Sits on hands>

Link Posted: 3/22/2009 1:19:22 PM EDT
[#8]
As for the left hand I don't know what the hell I was thinking at the time. Maybe how much the ammo was costing that day
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 2:08:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
As for the left hand I don't know what the hell I was thinking at the time. Maybe how much the ammo was costing that day

Very true, damn ammo.

D
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 8:19:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 11:40:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Re AAC - what happens if you have baffle strikes with factory installed FH - do they repair? Warranty work? Longterm durability (ie excess of 10k rounds)?

AAC's warranty is on there web site... just download the 2009 catalog and read the warranty page.

M4-2000 has all 718 Inconel baffles so, of the two, it would be the most durable.

Mike Mers

Link Posted: 3/23/2009 3:56:38 AM EDT
[#12]

the YHM cans are absolute beasts; warrantied for automatic fire on short barrels. i've beat the crap out of mine, and it still looks and sounds like it did on day-1, despite spending all of its' time on my little 10.5" guns that i use for class. they are functional, relatively small, quiet, *very* overbuilt...

if it were between an M4 1000 and a YHM, i'd tell you to run with the YHM. but the M4 2k is a better can. you'll maintain the same sound, but in a slightly smaller and prettier package. also, the biggest downfall of the YHM is its' weight, which is one of the biggest selling points of the M4 2K; it is a significantly lighter can IIRC.

you are also looking at two very different price points though, unless you are getting ripped off on the YHM or are getting a SMOKING deal on the M4 2K.

Link Posted: 3/23/2009 5:30:02 AM EDT
[#13]
IIf you don't mind spending double the $$ it's definitely worth it.  If you're looking for a can that performs at half the price and a few db louder the YHM is an excellent pick.

Edit:  The way I look at it, you could have a 5.56 can and a center-fire pistol can for almost the same price, or a 7.62 can that can be used on 5.56 & 7.62 and a .22 LR can for about the same price.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 5:53:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Although I consider the M4-1000 a better can than the YHM, why is that out of the running? It and the YHM are a better match up?
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 7:47:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
<Sits on hands>

Good idea...

-ZA
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 9:07:48 AM EDT
[#16]
The M4-1000 is out because I can get the YHM or M4-2k in stock today, it just makes sense to jump on something in stock to me anyway.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 9:12:52 AM EDT
[#17]
They are both great cans.  The YHM is really a bargain for the money.  The AAC is quieter.

You'll find people with good and bad customer service stories about both companies.  I wouldn't hesitate to buy either can.  For the money, the YHM leaves you with enough to buy a case of ammo...talk about an afternoon of fun.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 8:34:16 PM EDT
[#18]
I swear I know half the people that work for AAC... so i'm sure i'll get cused for this as soon as it's pointed out....

but go for the YHM. I own close to every model YHM can... i only own 2 AAC.... think about that for a little while......... I promise its not just because they are cheaper.

AAC all you are paying for is lighter weight. thats it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 9:09:25 AM EDT
[#19]
I just entered the NFA realm last fall, and my first and only can at this point is a YHM .224 Phantom QD.  I have been very happy with the results.  I have seen (heard) my can against competitors that are twice as expensive, and it's always quite a debate which one is quieter.   For me, the tradeoff on a YHM can is price vs. weight.  Mine is heavier than most, but for the way I use it, I can deal with several extra ounces in exchange for $400-500 in my pocket.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 9:40:27 AM EDT
[#20]
I had a baffle strike not covered under warranty by AAC.  They fixed my can for free.  The AAC can is better in every way from db reductin, to strength, to weight, flash hider effectiveness, etc.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:47:34 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

AAC all you are paying for is lighter weight. thats it.

Out of these particular cans, the AAC is undeniably quieter.  But the YHM is a great deal as I said before.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:26:21 PM EDT
[#22]
I wanted to say thanks for everyone that replied. In the end I went for the AAC m4-2000. Weight, warranty, and a company that looks like it could weather a lot of tumult in the civilian market (should this administration look negatively on civilian sales of it's product) ended up making the decision for me. I do think the YHM is a great product though. I'll give everyone a range report in a couple months.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top