Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2008 9:07:01 AM EDT
Any XCRs in 7.62x39 out yet?  I think I read on their site that they began shipping on 6/19.
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 12:04:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 1:57:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I guess I have to say that doesn't inspire my confidence.  I'm sure that they have one or two or ten that they'e been testsing.  But I'd prefer that they tested rifle from a current batch of rifles. I'm concerned their first batch will have growing pains, teething issues, whatever you wanna call it.  It isn't uncommon.  I know that means more waiting, but I'd be mega-pissed if I had to send back a $1600+ rifle.
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 4:37:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well, I guess I have to say that doesn't inspire my confidence.  I'm sure that they have one or two or ten that they'e been testsing.  But I'd prefer that they tested rifle from a current batch of rifles. I'm concerned their first batch will have growing pains, teething issues, whatever you wanna call it.  It isn't uncommon.  I know that means more waiting, but I'd be mega-pissed if I had to send back a $1600+ rifle.

RA had already delayed the 7.62x39 conversion until they could straighten out a design issue. Now that it has been worked out they are just waiting on the chromers. If there do happen to be any issues, RA will take care of them just like they have with any other issue regarding the XCR.
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 6:54:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

My question is why would you need to send back the whole rifle.   All you would have to send back would be the barrel & the bolt.
Link Posted: 6/26/2008 3:48:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

RA had already delayed the 7.62x39 conversion until they could straighten out a design issue. Now that it has been worked out they are just waiting on the chromers. If there do happen to be any issues, RA will take care of them just like they have with any other issue regarding the XCR.

Yep, Terra at RA is great! She will help you with any problem you might have.
Link Posted: 6/26/2008 9:51:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/27/2008 10:40:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/27/2008 12:08:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
TWO WEEKS!!!  

Link Posted: 6/27/2008 1:48:06 PM EDT
[#9]
7.62x39 is shit
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 11:09:02 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'm certainly not gonna hold my breath waiting for them to hit the market before the election...  IF they can get it out that fast that is...  

what?
its on its way,in the last stages.....almost ready to ship.....
?
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
7.62x39 is shit

i think you mean "the shit",noob
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 7:00:00 PM EDT
[#12]
A bit off topic, but while we are waiting ... Anyone else make XCR mags for the 7.62x39 besides c-products?
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 7:23:47 PM EDT
[#13]
dont think so.....I got a chance to see the mags in LV during shot show....good stuff
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 6:26:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 1:42:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm certainly not gonna hold my breath waiting for them to hit the market before the election...  IF they can get it out that fast that is...  
what?
its on its way,in the last stages.....almost ready to ship.....?
Keep believing that.

I was assured by a company rep that they were going to be shipping out in April '08.  They sure met that goal...  

They were having parts supplier problems in pre-production stages, even now nearing post-production of the initial batch(es), and you SERIOUSLY think they're going to be able to RELEASE ENOUGH QUANTITIES to handle the demand at the onset of its shipping release???  

Sorry, but even IF they manage to get this thing out by the end of the summer, you can pretty much rest assured that they're NOT going to be able to meet initial demand and you'll be pretty lucky to get your hands on one before November...

We'll see how fast C-Products can churn out those beautiful mags, in what quantity/availability levels, and at what price they can do it as well.

My point is, this is a new rifle, being produced with supplier problems, and an uncertain availability for mags, accessories, and spare parts.  I'm not going to sit around waiting for the 7.62 XCR, or the Bushmaster A.nother C.oncept R.evision / MYTHSADA to come out in sufficient quantities or with sufficient product support.

The 762 XCR shows more promise of making it on the market than most other current 'modern / adaptive' carbines that shooters have been waiting for the past 2 years...  It also shows the most promise for reliability, parts availability, and product support - but I've seen other new model rifles' initial release being severely hampered by parts suppliers - the delays DO effect the initial success of a firearms release...  It's rather unfortunate.

i already own the xcr in 5.56.its not a myth,its a reality.its not a"new rifle",its been on the market for some time.
at this point,RA has met my expectations with the base platform.
i still fail to see what the election has to do with a caliber conversion kit for a gun i already own....? ill still have a kick ass gun,lots of mags and ammo!
id rather wait a little longer to get my kit,than have them ship somthing they are not 100% behind.
in spite of what some interwebs may say,RA has hit the nail on the head with the xcr,imho.
my pre order for mags is locked in,and at a good price.(44mag.com)
i have faith in RA,in spite of the bad rap alex sometimes gets,i for one have not been let down by this company,and will continue to have a relationship with them in the future.
i truly belive when realeased,all demands will be satisfied.

Link Posted: 6/30/2008 4:32:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Just waiting for that 7.62 conversion to come out, as well as the match trigger.

7.62x39 can still be had for $179/k.....
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 6:04:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 1:33:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Sorry, I didn't elaborate.  I'm not the biggest fan of 5.56mm.  I'm talking about the FULL RIFLE in 7.62x39mm.  Not the conversion.

If I'm going to spend $1500+ I'd rather get the gun in the caliber I want (7.62x39mm) instead of buying the 5.56mm version now and then having to spend the extra few hundred dollars more later to buy the conversion kit, and another couple hundred dollars more for the good C-products mags as well.  I'd rather just pick up the 7.62x39mm version from the get-go and save the money.

The RobArms XCR is a GREAT rifle, and the 5.56mm one I shot was a fun, sweet shooting rifle - a bit heavier than I expected, but it's a great rifle!  I'd just prefer one in 7.62x39mm.

I'm not so sure about the parts supply issues, but the delayed release is a little telling and disheartening.

ra will have this out by the end of summer,for sure....
as far as an election,dont be suckerd into a false frenzy. VOTE.
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 8:06:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sorry, I didn't elaborate.  I'm not the biggest fan of 5.56mm.  I'm talking about the FULL RIFLE in 7.62x39mm.  Not the conversion.

If I'm going to spend $1500+ I'd rather get the gun in the caliber I want (7.62x39mm) instead of buying the 5.56mm version now and then having to spend the extra few hundred dollars more later to buy the conversion kit, and another couple hundred dollars more for the good C-products mags as well.  I'd rather just pick up the 7.62x39mm version from the get-go and save the money.

The RobArms XCR is a GREAT rifle, and the 5.56mm one I shot was a fun, sweet shooting rifle - a bit heavier than I expected, but it's a great rifle!  I'd just prefer one in 7.62x39mm.

I'm not so sure about the parts supply issues, but the delayed release is a little telling and disheartening.

ra will have this out by the end of summer,for sure....
as far as an election,dont be suckerd into a false frenzy. VOTE.

With SCOTUS on our side now I do not fear AWB II as much as I used to.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 12:19:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I'd skip the wait and just get a krebs ktr.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 4:43:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd skip the wait and just get a krebs ktr.

Charging handle is on the wrong side of a KTR
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 8:32:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Now THAT is a banana clip.

Why oh why couldn't they have made them accept AK mags? Other than they wanted more cash.
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 1:58:07 AM EDT
[#23]
height=8
Quoted:
www.robarm.com/XCR_7.62x39mm.gif

Why oh why couldn't they have made them accept AK mags? Other than they wanted more cash.

That mag isn't even a robarm product so how would they be getting more cash?  
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 6:23:51 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
www.robarm.com/XCR_7.62x39mm.gif

Banana clip...more like a Boomerang Clip.  As far as the AK mags thing goes, I think they were going for modularity.  That is, the same lower could be used for 5.56, 6.8 & 7.62x39,  As stated above the C-Products mag doesn't make them more $.
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 10:12:48 AM EDT
[#25]
I've gota Kreb's KTR 7.62x39 that I use for 3 Gun and I am closely watching the 7.62x39 XCR.  All accounts I have read (from Robarms) is that the 7.62 XCR is softer recoiling and has faster followup shots than any AK based firearm.  I just don't know that it is worth $1700 + a ton of new $30 mags.  Also, I like using drums in my KTR from time to time for high round count stages (Saiga 12 puts me in Open div. anyways), can't do that with an XCR.
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 1:44:31 PM EDT
[#26]
It's kinda simplistic to look at an XCR and ask if it's worth $1700 as a 7.62x39 gun. It's an exchangeable caliber weapon that you happen to buy (or not) in 7.62x39 at the point of sale. I bought mine as a 5.56 rifle and when the 7.62 conversion comes out I'll have to shoot less than 5k rounds for that conversion to pay for itself, less than that for a 5.45x39 conversion.

"Value" and "Worth" are very relative things. I could never change the caliber on my XCR and I'd still be happy with the $1350 I paid because it does everything it's supposed to do and fulfills the promise that the AR started-a reliable, all day, every day modern .223 battle rifle.  Now that I have an XCR, I won't ever buy a non-piston gun, ever again.
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 3:48:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Per Terra, first shipments are going out now.

Hopefully we will get range reports soon.
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 7:39:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 10:08:20 PM EDT
[#29]
height=8
Quoted:
Per Terra, first shipments are going out now.

Hopefully we will get range reports soon.

Good news
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#30]
so uhh... who gonna stop whining and get one?
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 4:45:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#32]
I'd like to have a 7.62x39 and 6.5 grendel combo.I would think that the 3-lug bolts would hold up nicely.And folks have been saying that the xcr is fairly accurate.

Link Posted: 7/16/2008 7:57:09 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm waiting patiently for some range reports to see if I need a 7.62x39 XCR to replace my Kreb's KTR-03S for competitions.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
we have some arriving tomorrow but i am waiting for the conversion kit as i already have a 5.56 XCR, they will be the Shizz

So, did they arrive yet?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:54:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:15:26 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Posted on XCR forum

a486.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/21/l_63ee4daea3d06bca28a5f933ac683f15.jpg

The sweet thing about that pic other than the SBR aspect is that due to the C-Products mags, the owner can have the VFG mounted close in like that without interfering. With AK mags the VFG would have to be too far forward.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top