Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 2:32:04 PM EDT
It's going to be on towards the end of the program, put it on.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:28:41 AM EDT
[#1]
So are they not making model 94 lever action rifles anymore? My brothers called around to 10 different gun stores and none of them had any. Some of the dealers also said that the warehouses don't even have any and havn't for a long time.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:16:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
So are they not making model 94 lever action rifles anymore? My brothers called around to 10 different gun stores and none of them had any. Some of the dealers also said that the warehouses don't even have any and havn't for a long time.

They're still going to make them, but they're moving production to Belgium or some other european country, they won't be made in America anymore so everyone is buying them up quickly.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:27:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They're still going to make them, but they're moving production to Belgium or some other european country, they won't be made in America anymore so everyone is buying them up quickly.

I heard somewhere that the model 94 and some other models were going to be discontinued. Is there no truth to this?

I also heard somewhere that the Winchesters that were still going to be made would be made by FN. Is this true?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:45:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Winchesters will probably continue to be made by FN, either at FN factories or Browning factories (they also own Browning. That could be in US, Japan or Europe.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:55:55 AM EDT
[#5]
From what I have read they will not be making any more 94's, 70's or 1300's (the pump shotgun).
FN will keep making the higher priced commerative guns and the more expensive shotguns in Europe.
I got the last new 94 in my area just after the new came out about them closing a few months ago.
None of the Wally Worlds here have any 94's, 70's or pump shotguns and neither do the few gunshops here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:02:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Honestly, what does a Winchester 94 do that a Marlin lever gun cannot (and for less)?  MJD
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:28:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Honestly, what does a Winchester 94 do that a Marlin lever gun cannot (and for less)?  MJD

Shoot a .410
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:35:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Nuthin'
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:44:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nuthin'

And that's my point.  Other (American) companies can produce a similar rifle that is just as good, some would argue better, and is able to do it for less.  

I'm sad to see Winchester go, but they did not evolve like the other companies did.  Their end was hardly a surprise.  A few "niche" markets are not going to keep a company in business.  MJD
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:50:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I guess the only thing a Winchester can do that a Marlin can't is look like a Winchester. The Winchesters are also a bit lighter.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:58:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah they look a bunch better than a Winchester, and yes Marlin also makes a 410.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:52:10 AM EDT
[#12]
One of our local tv station did a piece on the Winchester plant closing. One of the guys they talked to was there 46 years. It's a shame the plant at one time employed 19,000. All efforts by the employees to keep the plant open haven't panned out. There had to be a good reason why Olin broke away the ammo business from the guns in 1981 and licensed the Winchester name to US Repeating Arms. I think Olin saw the writing on the wall. It's also ashame that since there is a need for military type weapons that the old Winchester plant and employees couldn't be used to produce or refurbish weapons instead of giving the business to foreign arms makers.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:45:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
From what I have read they will not be making any more 94's, 70's or 1300's (the pump shotgun).
FN will keep making the higher priced commerative guns and the more expensive shotguns in Europe.
I got the last new 94 in my area just after the new came out about them closing a few months ago.
None of the Wally Worlds here have any 94's, 70's or pump shotguns and neither do the few gunshops here.

Thank god they won't be making anymore 1300s, that was the worst gun I've ever owned.  I was shooting it for the first time and the welds on the pump action broke.  I returned it and exchanged it for a Mossberg 590.  

But its a shame that US firearms companies are being outsourced to other countries.  I guess its an end of an era.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top