BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 7:57:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Im curious what kind of reputation they have.

Ive heard of places listing stuff as being in stock when it isn't because they expect it to be, which results in super delayed shipping because the company didn't get the inventory in when they expected... does OpticsPlanet do that kind of bullshit?  

Because Im starting to think I ordered something from them that they dont actually have in their inventory.
View Quote

LoL
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 9:15:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I just ordered a Timney for my MPX from them a couple days ago and it shipped out today UPS. I don't normally buy from them but it was on sale and free shipping so I rolled the dice.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 9:31:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Never never never never special order, back order, wait for an order from anywhere ever. With that being said OP is notorious for their estimated times to be off. I've ordered from them at least 50 times but only when it actually says in stock, and I always paid for 2 day shipping.

Right now is a horrible time to buy anything. If you must, UPS 2 day only.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 9:35:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Every time I ordered from them I made sure the product was “in stock” or “X amount left ready to ship” or something like that I’ve ordered a shit ton of stuff from them and it always shipped promptly
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:06:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a few successful orders with them and a few more with their sister company DVOR. Also had DVOR send me the wrong item twice.

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 5:17:13 PM EDT
[#6]
O.P. and Devor seem to be ok with their descriptions of in-stock or not. Sometimes hit-miss. At least from what I have seen.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 5:40:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I’ve never had a problem.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I have never had an issue with them.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:53:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
O.P. and Devor seem to be ok with their descriptions of in-stock or not. Sometimes hit-miss. At least from what I have seen.
View Quote

With DVOR, I just assume they have to order it and it isn't in stock. They usually confirm this in the order confirmation email. They were spot on with the leadtime on my last order.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:22:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:18:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Just cancelled a order that neither item is in stock and i did not want to wait. Found both items NIB on ebay and they are already shipped.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:38:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Going on 6 weeks for a scope and mount listed as "in-stock and ships within 7 days".
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:33:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My only experience is that they'll cancel items that they deem "illegal" for your state and act as pseudo law enforcement. Ordered a flash hider and they said we won't ship to CA as it is against the law, which it is not
View Quote

Although I’ve used them in the past with so-so results, when I found out that they refuse to sell any magazines over 10 rounds, on moral grounds, I refuse to deal with them at all.

Any firearms vendor or manufacturer that chooses to operate in an anti-gun state like Illinois deserves a good swift kick in the vagina.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:24:49 AM EDT
[#14]
No problems for me.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:44:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My only experience is that they'll cancel items that they deem "illegal" for your state and act as pseudo law enforcement. Ordered a flash hider and they said we won't ship to CA as it is against the law, which it is not
View Quote
Same here with an Auto knife. They asked to see my proof of being a LEO and I explained that is not the law here but they canceled anyway.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Everyone has experienced shipping issues from almost all vendors because of batrabies excuses in the past 12 months.  

Prior to that, Optics Planet has come through on every order for me, at the best price.  

I ordered a couple Aero Precision uppers around June and they didn't appear to be back ordered.  Nobody had/has Aero Precision things for timely shipment.  It became clear after there was no shipping date for two weeks, that these were unavailable.  One click and my order was cancelled in seconds.  No harm, no foul.  

I picked another dealer and brand and it was still 2 weeks before the order was shipped.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:46:26 PM EDT
[#17]
ive ordered more than half a dozen times from them and never had an issue. i actually trust their online inventory more than most other places.

nothing to do with Optics Planet but if you ever find something that is out of stock on most websites on a random website and you can add 999 of the item into your cart, its prob not accurate inventory.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I ordered something from them I was unsure of, that turned out to be different than I expected, but fit their description so it was just a "meh, whatever". Filed for an RMA, they will cover shipping if I select store credit, sure, I'll find something to get. Got RMA on 12/29, they finally received the item 1/11 and sent me an email saying processing it will take around 3 weeks.

Not like it's a major thing, it's a $25 item, but advertising a refund policy without mentioning the process will take a month and a half is sort of silly. I've ordered from them before, no issues with the ordering stuff, but I won't bother taking a risk on a product that I might need to return, that's for sure.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:17:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Everyone has experienced shipping issues from almost all vendors because of batrabies excuses in the past 12 months.  

Prior to that, Optics Planet has come through on every order for me, at the best price.  

I ordered a couple Aero Precision uppers around June and they didn't appear to be back ordered.  Nobody had/has Aero Precision things for timely shipment.  It became clear after there was no shipping date for two weeks, that these were unavailable.  One click and my order was cancelled in seconds.  No harm, no foul.  

I picked another dealer and brand and it was still 2 weeks before the order was shipped.
View Quote

Except for the fact that they tied you up for a lengthy period of time by falsely claiming they had the item you ordered, when you could have gotten it somewhere else while optics planet was sitting around with its thumb up its ass, in addition to the fact that they drop ship everything and are slow as molasses about sending thing...besides the fact that they won’t sell 10+ round magazines because they choose to operate out of IL.

No, I won’t trade with those fuckers anymore, even if they have a cheaper price.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Except for the fact that they tied you up for a lengthy period of time by falsely claiming they had the item you ordered, when you could have gotten it somewhere else while optics planet was sitting around with its thumb up its ass, in addition to the fact that they drop ship everything and are slow as molasses about sending thing...besides the fact that they won’t sell 10+ round magazines because they choose to operate out of IL.

No, I won’t trade with those fuckers anymore, even if they have a cheaper price.
View Quote

hold on, let me sell my stock off before you end your trading.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top