Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2005 12:57:28 PM EDT
I just purchased a Remington Police Magnum 18" Barrel with Pistol Grip and ATI Overfolder Stock.  The sling swivel studs are located on the bottom of the muzzle end of the barrel and on the left side of the pivot point of the stock, just above the pistol grip.  I would like to buy a good tactical sling but as a first time shotgun owner, I have no idea what to get.  Although the main purpose I want a sling would be for upcoming 3 gun matches that I will be particpating, I will also be using it for Home Defense and Range / Target shooting.

Thank you in advance for any helpful suggestions.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:47:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Bueller?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#2]
anyone?

well, nevermind I guess.

After dilligently searching, I found only 2 models out there.  The TacStar and the Eagle Industries.  I decided to go with the eagle industries one.

Here it is:
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:06:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I hear they make good gear. Let us know how ypu like it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:09:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just purchased a Remington Police Magnum 18" Barrel with Pistol Grip and ATI Overfolder Stock.  The sling swivel studs are located on the bottom of the muzzle end of the barrel and on the left side of the pivot point of the stock, just above the pistol grip.  I would like to buy a good tactical sling but as a first time shotgun owner, I have no idea what to get.  Although the main purpose I want a sling would be for upcoming 3 gun matches that I will be particpating, I will also be using it for Home Defense and Range / Target shooting.

Thank you in advance for any helpful suggestions.

i14.photobucket.com/albums/a346/niceguymr/DSC01926.jpg

I would suggest that you go and get a proper stock for the shotgun and go with a Giles sling from The Wilderness. A pistol grip / folding stock combination will only bring you pain (quite literally).

But that's just me.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:33:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Specter makes different types of tactical slings that you may fit on your shotgun with the propper accessory.

-------------
G18 - the best in full-auto...
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:51:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
A pistol grip / folding stock combination will only bring you pain (quite literally).

That's what I keep hearing.  I'm one of those stubborn people who likes to learn from my own mistakes though.  Plus, I've got a pretty high tollerance for pain, so I may not think it's as bad as others do, although I'm anticipating a good beating on the shoulder.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:07:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That's what I keep hearing.  I'm one of those stubborn people who likes to learn from my own mistakes though.  Plus, I've got a pretty high tollerance for pain, so I may not think it's as bad as others do, although I'm anticipating a good beating on the shoulder.

It does not matter how high you "tollerance" is.  I have never seen somebody shoot well with a folding stock.  They twist and turn.  If you are going to use it for 3 gun I would not expect to shoot very well in the shotgun part...

But hey you are new to shotguns and people keep telling you it is not good, heaven forbid you listen to people with some first hand experiance...

Mall-Ninja had the best idea with the "real" stock and giles sling.

(No flame intended, just don't understand why you would not listen to people and just get set up right...)
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:24:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It does not matter how high you "tollerance" is.  I have never seen somebody shoot well with a folding stock.  They twist and turn.  If you are going to use it for 3 gun I would not expect to shoot very well in the shotgun part...

But hey you are new to shotguns and people keep telling you it is not good, heaven forbid you listen to people with some first hand experiance...

Mall-Ninja had the best idea with the "real" stock and giles sling.

(No flame intended, just don't understand why you would not listen to people and just get set up right...)

It's not that I'm not listening.  I am aware that this setup is not optimal, however, I'm going to give it a try at the range anyway just so I can experience it for myself.  I'm pretty certain that I'll end up switching to a fixed stock once I get into 3 gun matches, however since this rifle came with the folding stock, I just want to give it a try, that's all.  It's not that I'm not listening.  I am listening.  But why change the stock without even having tried it once, right?

If I change to a fixed stock, I'd like one with a pistol grip, that's lightweight, yet has a good enough pad to ease the recoil.  Money not being an issue, what do you all think would be the BEST stock based on what I want?  Are any of the SIDE FOLDING stocks any good?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:51:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Specter makes different types of tactical slings that you may fit on your shotgun with the propper accessory.
i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/G18/MOSSYAR.jpg
-------------
G18 - the best in full-auto...

You know G18... You got me thinking...

I've got the Specter SOP ERB on my M4 and I REALLY like it.  I decided to cancel my order on the Eagle Industries sling and instead, I ordered the Specter SOP ERB for my 870.  I like that they include with it the front end side sling mount (which would normally be another $10) for free.  Now I've got to 3wait another week (probably) before I see this stuff.  Damn, I get so impatient.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:23:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It's not that I'm not listening.  I am aware that this setup is not optimal, however, I'm going to give it a try at the range anyway just so I can experience it for myself.  I'm pretty certain that I'll end up switching to a fixed stock once I get into 3 gun matches, however since this rifle came with the folding stock, I just want to give it a try, that's all.  It's not that I'm not listening.  I am listening.  But why change the stock without even having tried it once, right?

If I change to a fixed stock, I'd like one with a pistol grip, that's lightweight, yet has a good enough pad to ease the recoil.  Money not being an issue, what do you all think would be the BEST stock based on what I want?  Are any of the SIDE FOLDING stocks any good?

For a pistol grip stock I like this one from speedfeed.  And if you want less felt recoil then you can put on a Sims Vibration butt pad, they stop almost all recoil.

I have never used a side folder, but I would just stick with the Speedfeed and you are set.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top