Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2011 5:35:59 PM EDT
I want a bulpup rifle in .223/5.56 that runs AR mags I've seen some stuff MSAR E4, FS2000, BM M17s (seen some nice custom work on these). The FS2000 Tactical (model # 3835980040) without optic and lower hand guard with rails in its place is nice too, for the right price.
So any input would be cool. Pictures are welcome. THANKS
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:45:15 PM EDT
[#1]
You have come to the right place for answers. Just learn from the coming post and think long and hard. It's your money that your spending not ours.

Personaly I say go with the MSAR E4. I know the MSAR bashers will chime in. MSAR isn't going anywhere soon. On the plus side other companys are working on parts to fill the void that MSAR is lacking right now.

As for the FS2000, it's a pretty nice weapon but I just can't get over it's size. It's like pointing a largemouth bass down range to me.

the others I have not shot so I won't comment.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:48:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I personally like the "AUG" design over the FS2000 or Bushmaster.

If you can find a Steyr A3 for the right price and add a NATO stock it would be the best choice or just get a MSAR E4 which is what I have.

Otherwise the FS2000 is a good gun, just feels very bulky in my hands.  Plus I don't believe it works with Magpul mags, IIRC.

My E4:

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:45:19 PM EDT
[#3]
If you want the best and have access to a machine shop, TPD AXR.
If you're on a budget, MSAR.
If you have the coin, Steyr AUG A3.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I want a bulpup rifle in .223/5.56 that runs AR mags I've seen some stuff MSAR E4, FS2000, BM M17s (seen some nice custom work on these). The FS2000 Tactical (model # 3835980040) without optic and lower hand guard with rails in its place is nice too, for the right price.

So any input would be cool. Pictures are welcome. THANKS

I looked at the FN FS2000 tactical and for me the MSAR won based on the last round bolt hold open, the ability to chamber check while performing a reload rapidly, the quick change barrel, and the ergonomics.  I also liked the translucent magazines available for it and ability to quick check my remaining round count.  The length of the MSAR is also shorter, which was another positive and although a 13x1 thread flash suppressor I like that I wasn't dealing a break that was pinned.  I like that parts also are easier to source for the MSAR.  BobNO1, Dawg180, 20/20, DrCoffee, Ratworx, FSG Halon, have all provided the STG-556 with so many aftermarket items that I am VERY pleased at the transformed highly customized STG-556 I have today.  I feel that there are even more options and accessories in the future that will give me further options to grow and change my STG-556 so for me it's a rifle I'm very pleased with.  

The FNH selling points are the forward ejection and FNH military quality control.

For either rifle I would certainly get a Neu-Trigger to help improve their trigger pull.  They're very affordable and easy to install and easy to remove if you don't like it for some reason.

If you like the FNH Tri-Rail, but go with the MSAR I would suggest giving a look at the Tri-AX by Inventure Concepts.  I have one on my STG-556 and it's a game changer allowing my STG to be as flexible as any AR in terms of accessories and use.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:37:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Steyr AUG A3
or
FN FS2000
Buy once cry once.

I like both and the FN FS2000 the most.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:56:46 PM EDT
[#6]
MSAR E4 for a nice gun on the cheap that should run well.

Aug A3 with a NATO stock if you have the cash and want a "real deal" Aug and it's quality.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top