Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2012 7:27:43 AM EDT
Hi everyone

About to be a proud new A3 owner and I am looking to acquire some sights. I have done some research on the MBUS and Troy flip ups, but for the most part all the info is geared towards ARs. So, does anybody have any experience with these sights on the Aug? I imagine they will function essentially the same as on an AR with a full length picatinny. Not sure if they will adjust the same at various ranges due to rail height differences but not too sure...Any info would be helpful. I will most likely put some short range optics on this rifle in the future, but need some ironsights to bridge the gap. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 8:14:21 AM EDT
[#1]
A rough measurement of the AR sight radius from rear sight to front sight on a carbine length gas system is 15"
The AUG only has about 9.5" of rail space on the standard A3. That would be slightly comparable to the sight radius of a 7" barrel.

The AUG was designed for optics, not BUIS, but you can use them to hold you over.

Get the MBUS as the cheaper alternative, zero to 25m and see where you end up.
Enjoy your new AUG
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 11:02:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I was looking at the Troy Micro BUIS because they are shorter than an AR height sight. I haven't tried them yet but after all the measuring and comparing, They should be only slightly shorter than an AR as far as your cheek weld goes. The Troy micro sights are .25" shorter than an AR sight.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 2:51:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I use a T1 sitting between troys.  They work well.  If you get a T1 get the larue medium height mount (HK) .  It will place the optic at the correct level.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:11:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been using Troy Micro sights with the HK style front on my Steyr AUG A3.  Looks good and works well for me.  I can't wait until the CQC rail comes out to get a longer sight radius.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 7:20:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have been using Troy Micro sights with the HK style front on my Steyr AUG A3.  Looks good and works well for me.  I can't wait until the CQC rail comes out to get a longer sight radius.

Troy micros are the shit for the A3. You have a very expensive gun, don't skimp now.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 8:44:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Micros and a T1 are perfect for the A3.

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 2:03:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Slight high jacking of your thread here OP.....I saw a set of back up sights on a video (styer AUG promo I think) where the user tilted the rifle to the side to use the back up sights.?

here is the video,anybody know the manufacture?

link

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 6:32:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Slight high jacking of your thread here OP.....I saw a set of back up sights on a video (styer AUG promo I think) where the user tilted the rifle to the side to use the back up sights.?

link

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/products/xs-sight-systems-xti-ar-15-angle-mount-sights/
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 2:24:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

link

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/products/xs-sight-systems-xti-ar-15-angle-mount-sights/

thanks you sir
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top