Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2003 5:53:41 PM EDT
I have read about an extended bolt handle for the 10/22 but can't find who sells them.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 10:56:25 AM EDT
[#1]
There are two ways to do this, and I done have both. The fancy one is the Power Custom Titanium extended bolt handle,

which can be ordered from Red Star Arms from the Industry board.
The other, cheaper, way is to use the 10/22 Magnum handle from Numrich. This requires a little modification, as the magnum rod will not fit in the long rifle receiver. Simply drive the rods off both handles (small hammer and punch), and press (by hand) the magnum handle on the long rifle rod.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 5:05:29 AM EDT
[#2]
i have been wanting a bigger handle too but i dont want to pay $50 for it.

is the magnum handle as big as the one in the pic?  
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 3:08:43 PM EDT
[#3]
The Magnum handle is fatter/wider and a little longer than a stock long rifle handle, but not close to the length of the Power Custom unit.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 4:54:35 PM EDT
[#4]
i ordered one this morning.

as long as its bigger it will be worth it.  my fat fingers have a hard time finding the stock one.  it was only 17 bucks with shipping anyway.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 4:33:31 AM EDT
[#5]
my handle came in the other day and i put it in last night.  i still have to use a vise to crush the end a bit to get it to stay on, but overall im happy with it.
its not as big as the PC handle but its not as costly either.   well, worth it.

besides, i got to use my dremel to make pretty sparks! priceless.

8/28/03
i used a vice to crush the end to keep the handle on last night and put it in the gun.  it works fine and im really happy with it.  it looks good and if you compare the old and new side by side the magnum really is a lot bigger.

id suggest anbody that wants to do this to go for it.  very well worth it and easy job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top