Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2002 9:39:29 PM EDT
Can anybody tell me where to look for one of these?  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 9:47:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Mil-Tech does a complete GI refurbishing of mil-surp rifles so they should have them. Or buy an issue of Shotgun News, there's a slew of dealers in there.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 11:46:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Cheaper Than Dirt has them.

www.cheaperthandirt.com
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 4:08:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Fred's has both the Leather, and the later Nylon sling issued in the late 60's.

www.fredsm14stocks.com

JerrY
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:33:23 AM EDT
[#4]
www.quanticoarms.com/index.htm

USMC Issue M16 Nylon Sling
Current Marine Corps issue.  Green nylon.  Has metal tip, sling keeper and sling buckle.  Long enough for M16 and AR10.  Longer than M1 Garand and M14 slings, so use them on those weapons as well! $10.00

Go to the Armalite section, about half way down the page

www.quanticoarms.com/armalite/armaliteAccessories.htm

(Edited for bad links, need more coffee!)

Semper Fi
Dave
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 8:03:21 PM EDT
[#5]
There are actually three "issue" slings for the M14; the canvas type with the hook for the rear swivel and adjustable at the front end, the nylon version of the same style, and the leather type used by service shooting teams (it was never issued on service type weapons).

Any Army Surplus store worthy of the name should have the canvas version, and probably the nylon too.  If you pay more than $3 for them ,you're getting ripped off.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 8:28:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, I see that "Cheaper than Dirt", which should probably change its name to "Expensive as Hell" is ripping people off for a whole bunch more than $3.00 (plus postage of course).

Tell you what. If you can't find any at the local Army surplus store, E mail me, and I'll send you one each of the canvas and the nylon slings for $10 post paid. I figure it'll cost me about $4 to mail 'em, so that gets it to 3 bucks apiece .  Darn things are just cluttering up my junk box anyway.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top