Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2007 7:05:20 PM EDT

I already tried by city PD, that is a no go. Have heard from two sources that county sherrif won't do it. I will look into it anyway, but heard this from sheriff deputies.

This leaves the DA and I have heard county judges can sign. Does anyone know who will sign?

I am looking for an AR15 SBRs and/or suppressor.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:55:34 PM EDT
Go buy Quicken Willmaker, create a trust and go directly to NFA branch with $200
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:27:17 PM EDT
You might want to contact a NFA dealer in your County and ask them, chances are they know the scoop.

Steave Wayman
Specialties: Class 3
1607 W. Mockingbird Lane Suite 110
Dallas, TX 75235
Phone: (214) 265-0010
FAX: (214) 265-0280
E-mail: steaveREMOVETHISSPAMGARD@flash.net
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:19:40 PM EDT
I know several in Dallas County who will sign, so far they have signed several Form 1's for SBR and SBS, and numerous Form 4's for suppressors. If you're buying from a dealer, then your dealer should steer you in the proper direction.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:16:05 AM EDT
The trust route is much easier. Especially in DFW where you may not be able to get signatures much longer, if you can get them at all.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:12:42 AM EDT
How does the trust work? Is there a set up fee, annual fees after that? Any tax issues? I have heard a couple people talk about trusts now but no details.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:15:08 AM EDT
Sticky at the top of this forum.


Read through it and ask questions as you need to.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:21:09 AM EDT
I would advise against getting the trust if you don't have do. You can get a signature in Dallas County.
Top Top